Tighen up your E-brake cables....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Driftable. Civics are Driftable too. The Z didn't actually successfully drift for a few events before Clayton got some sort of grasp on it.

And when I showed up at the Limerock event, one of the DGTA girls yelled "WHOO HOOO ! FR Reprezent!" Made me feel good.

Of course I'm not drifting it. But a good drifter can drift anything, and before you get good, you have to try it for a first time.

And luckily, no one asks them to stay home because of inconvenience.

(Examples: the guys in Japan that drift Marchs, the guy that drifted that Swedish Semi last year, ... Christ.. Bubba drift!)

lol we all saw your drift display b... and its called drifting, not powersliding the last part of the turn :mrgreen: :wink:

I was getting the grasp on the Z, but then I just kept upgrading it...and to the point where it is a whole new car....and I have yet went out and played around with it to see what I can actually do. At the Lime rock event...I was a virgin to the car, and just when I was grabbing the feel for the car...the flywheel came loose....

But when I jumped into another car....it was so easy to get it out...and it was a stock 240sx....

I was going to just give up on the Z, and do a 240sx over the winter...but finding one is a little hard....and I'm still strapped for cash....so screw it...the Z will do the last event at Stafford Springs...and we'll see what happens next....hell...at this point...I might just put it into the wall...but at least I am out there trying....

And if anyone pays the fee to go....then they have every right to be out on that track in any car...so how can that be taking time away from real drift cars that have shitty drivers anyways...

The only time I've seen anyone get kicked of the track was that kid in the Evo...he was trying to hard and was enjoying the offroad too much....

So....now who wants to be on my pit crew?

brie might be selling her 240sx... its just a shitload of electrical problems... you could probably get it for like a grand.

bargainnews.com has 2 listed right now for $1500 and $1600, 89 and 92 respectively, and they are both in mint shape. And hatches.

So Brie may want $1000 for it, but she won't get it.

She's prolly trying to recoup the cost from having to BUY it off of you !

when i sold her that car, it was MINT.

im 15000000% positive she could easily get $1000 for it at a DG event.

I was just on the stafford track this weekend for the swap meet... I dont know how that would be for a drift course... Turn 3 & 4 of the track are kinda narrow, and have a decent bank... if you aren't in your drift before the turn, you either won't drift, or you'll be IN the wall.

And there are walls to hit... turn 2 all the way into turn 3 of that course is a jersey barrier... Then of course the outsides of the track are all jersey barriers & guardrails... and i THINK the inside of turn 6 might have a barrier, but i'm not sure. Then more rails & barriers through turns 7&8...

Have fun, and be careful... i'd go, but i just got too much going on..

walls are fun....hehe

At the Lime Rock event...my flywheel came loose...after about a year on the motor, unknown miles, and many events...it finally let loose...

At the LR event...as soon as I heard that noise...I didn't even run the car...got it towed home to find that the bolts have all loosened up....

After getting it tightened back up...a few more miles on it, and one more event...then the timing got screwed up...and then...it just became the garage queen...all back together now...and I finally get the timing issue dead on perfect....gobbs of freaken power and crap...I reved it once...and the same noise made it's little knocking sound...good thing it's still in the garage...ehhh

Ohh well...

Time for some upgrading again....

So here's the little wish list and plans before the Stafford event...

Ebay has a Fidanza alum flywheel for sale for $295 shipped, I already have an ACT pressure plate on the car, but the ACT disk would be sweet to get for less than $100 for the 4 or six puck disk...and for the flywheel bolts...my only options are nissan for the cheap shit...or to get ARP bolts at a price...and get this...the bolts are the same as turbo celica motor....well.. those look to be around $44.69...and since I'm buying new bolts...I need to get some better ones on the wheels....since I'm swapping tires constantly...and ARP has them at $11.95 for GM cars...that will fit my hubs...and are extra long.....2.5" under head lenght....so there goes another $45....but then I can put on spacers and make the dinky wheels look somewhat better under the fender flares...hehe or I can go to autozone and get some RX7 sec gen studs...and they are about the same length....but cheap...and how strong they are...who knows???

And I was also thinking about getting a solid trany crossbar mount, and a new steering coupler bushing for the car as well...

But sadly...since I'm always broke and shit....I'll have to do this on a budget...

no light weight flywheel in my future...but it would have been cool to really get that acceleration to the wheels...ohh well... Twisted Evil

I'll have to run the same autozone stock disk again till I can afford the pucky ones...

I'll still go and get new flywheel bolts...(prolly the cheap Autozone ones)..and let my "tricks of the trade" work it's magic...I'll drill holes in the bolt heads and safety wire them together after I get them torqued on, just like I do to aircraft propellers....and a little loctite will also be involved this time...hehe

I might just go and hit up autozone and get the cheap $0.99 each wheel studs and call it a day...and plug away at the trany removal and install...

all the other stuff with big price tags will have to wait till my heating bills comes back down in the spring or til tax time roles around.... yes heating bills...the wife already wants me to crank up the furnace...and there goes $400+ a month so she can stay warm all day....it's only like 50 degree's outside :dry:
Crying or Very sad

Well...the good thing...after building this car for about 2-3 years...it's almost bullet proof....next year will rock once I learn it's new power....hehe... but...more toys are planned for it....if I can just afford them... :huh:

hint...I already have a mint turbo manifold....buahahahaha :ph34r:

Green Loctite FTW!!! :) Those bolts will never come out?

Clayton... Why dont you take the stock flywheel and get it lightened? Hell, you can probably do it at work... You have a machine shop, right? Throw it on a lathe and go to town...

were not allowed to do personal projects at work...and walking in with an item and walking out with an item is not smart to do in front of gates with gaurds...I like my job too much.

understandable...

Are the rev's of the Z's motor critical enough to where the flywheel would need to be balanced afterwards? I could throw it on the lathe for ya and turn it if you wanted.

with the work done to the engine...only a perfectly balanced flywheel is acceptable...to many mods on it so far...it might last the last event of the year with just some new bolts and safetied...I wish I can get the lightened one...but screw it....plus lightening the cast iron flywheel is possible...but getting the more expensive one would be cheaper and safer...I like my feet....I want to keep them.

And the offer is still open to Chris and any of the other guys that has helped me get this car built...if they can come up with the entry fee and has a few tires they can get to me in time to mount on some rims...then they can co-drive the Z at the event...hint...I have 14" and 15" rims.......and so far...the limit of co-drovers is not set...so maybe 3-4 people per car might be possible...

Back