Time for my iPod rant...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

So my dad gets me an iPod for my birthday... 4g 20gb... Holds photos and all that... SWEET!

So I copy some music onto it the minute i get it... The next day I decide.... I'm gonna go out for awhile, i'll bring the iPod... Throw it in my pocket... Take it out 45 minutes later, and its COVERED in scratches.. :angry: :angry: WTF!?!? a fucking COIN in my pocket scratched the EVER LOVING SHIT out of it!! and of course, its scratched DEAD CENTER of the screen...

So lets go to apple and see if i can buy a replacement screen... OF COURSE NOT!! But I can spend $40 for a scratch remover kit, and overpriced "screen protectors"!!!!! :angry: :angry:

I mean come on apple! You develop a great product, that apparently has been VERY scratch prone from day 1, and instead of improving the product, you decide to sell accessories & repair kits to fix & prevent your cheap ass plastic from scratching!?!? I MEAN WTF!?!??

Luckily I came across apple sauce polish... another type of cleaner for iPods... Works pretty good... After about an hour of polishing, MOST of the scratches are gone... <_<

Gotta love apple Steve Jobs marketing skills... <_<

yea, that is one big down side is how easily it scratches. I actually always have mine in a clear platic case that gives access to the wheel, data port, and the headphone area. It was like $20 and has kept my iPod pretty clean. However, dust that gets inbetween scuffs it up a little bit.

just wait till your non-replacable battery dies....

creative zen jukebox > iFucked

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2005, 02:11 PM

[post=537893]Quoted post[/post]​

actually it is replaceable. and they make kits to do crack it open and replace it with a new OEM style battery for around $30

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2005, 01:11 PM

You mean like the 60gb Zen Xtra I bought my wife?
With its 90 day warranty?
And the headphone jack broke 80 days into ownership?
Then after they repaired it, 15 days out of warranty the charging jack broke, and they wouldn't warranty it?
So I opened it up and had to resolder the jack and epoxy the charging jack to the circuit board?
Or 5 days after I fixed that when the hard drive puked? <_<

That Zen now sits in about 15 pieces in my desk drawer... Until i feel like spending $80 on a fucking replacement 60gb hard drive for it...

:shrug2: i've had mine for about 3 years now.. not 1 probelm.
and i tote it to and from work every day in my back back... which bumps into stuff, gets dropped, etc...

There's always gonna be lemons... no matter what... But if i would have known it had a 90 day warranty FROM THE MANUFACTURER... I would never have bought it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2005, 02:11 PM

oh whats it called..... oh a BATTERY RECHARGER!

Yeah, first thing I'd do is buy a belkin case if I were to get an ipod, but i'm too poor :(.

But interesting enough....
this sounds like my v600 that got scratched from fucking pocket lint in my pocket. Yes. pocket lint. It was scratched all over the time display.

But... they don't make a scratch remover for it, so I just ordered a new one with my kick ass warranty. :)

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 9 2005, 12:45 PM
Sounds like just about everyone who markets a proprietary but extremely successful product...
[post=537878]Quoted post[/post]​

Think Microsoft? :blink:

/grabs a shovel....

"there's lots of holes in the desert"

lol

Gonna buy a house with your Bill Gates blood money, eh B?

Just don't let the linux community get wind of it. Some of us like having this board to post on. :p

Back