Time to find a new Honda, opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I hate the whole game lol. Just go check it out and set a price you want to pay. Stay with that price and it will help make your decisions with less emotion/more logic.

Price is set at $2000, agreed on by both parties.

If i look at it and find something i dont approve on, like with a magnet etc, ill try and work him down. Well see how it goes in the morning.

thats if i even buy the car. He's asking 2500 OBO and said 2000 was lowest he'd take for it, and im fine with working something out from there, im just saying he's not expecting some outrageous price for it.

people that try to hassle a price down will never be happy with what they buy.

what the fuck does that mean?
people who dont try to hassle the price down get ripped the fuck off.

i haggle on everything i buy used, or new if the price is big enough.
if somebody doesnt want to haggle the price with me, i'll move on.
I know what the things I want are worth, and I know what they are worth to me, eventually, somebody will meet with me on the price, thus making me even happier with what I have purchased.

me personally, i wouldnt pay 2000 for a honda with no motor. not going to happen. unless the thing is 100% original, with under 75k miles on the body and in mint condition.
but thats me..

but, like i said before, if somebody isnt willing to negotiate with me, then i will pass on it.
never would i agree on a price before hand. never. that's ridiculous.

2000 for a shell with full clean interior, painted inside and out, 5 lug conversion, ITR wheels.. and i have the parts, motor, tools and a shop to put it all in, so not much extra expense needed. Some people might not do it, some people would.

its a solid deal... i see people selling fucked up shells without most of that stuff for the same money

thats if i even buy the car. He's asking 2500 OBO and said 2000 was lowest he'd take for it, and im fine with working something out from there, im just saying he's not expecting some outrageous price for it.

Show up to pickup the car. Be sure to have a tow truck with you and be sure the sellar sees the tow truck. Look over the car one last time. Tell the guy everything looks good. Pull $1800 out of your pocket and say that your dad gave you 2k for your first car and the tow truck + the ls motor you already purchased were $200.

If he sees you show up with the tow truck he wont want to send you away and you can negotiate him lower on the price.

its a solid deal... i see people selling fucked up shells without most of that stuff for the same money

Wish i could rep you for being positive thus far, makes me feel a bit more confident with this potential sale :rolleyes: haha

If he sees you show up with the tow truck he wont want to send you away and you can negotiate him lower on the price.

Thing is, his buddy will be the one towing it via dolly, he's willing to charge the price of gas for a 40min drive to tow it for me. But ya, ill see what i can work out.

Or pull out a 9. And hope he doesn't fire back.

Bahahaa

Last edited:
Well i picked up the Orange Hatch yesterday, the interior is real clean, the exterior has some minor defects in the paint, nothing too bad. The rest of the paint is excellent. Overall im pretty happy with the buy. Will post pics when i get around to it.

Yeah, we tried talkin him down, but he took 2k and threw in some extra parts he had laying around. No big deal, i have almost all the parts needed gathered up to put my motor in it. Im excited.

cant wait to see it done with the turbo D in it..

Me too, im gonna run it for alittle while with no turbo, just so i can get a few more parts on the D before i reboost it. Plus ill need all new intercooler piping, and possibly intercooler. I have a new ramhorn manifold, but i might try n sell it for an AC compatible one, so i can ride around in comfort for once. i dont car about the excess weight.

damn get start a thread and get as many pics of the sexy thing up as you can!

HS Pic whore.. :(

Back