Time to find a new Honda, opinions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Think the hood would look ok, as far as everything else, skip the lip, and body painted everything else.

Get the orange hatch, drop in an ls, then boost it.

Leave the exterior as is - cf parts look like shit and the weight savings is minimal compared to the cost.

Look at the rear camera shot.....Its got a duckbill already. I think its just black. Black ones are the best b/c they're cheaper and look better IMO

Im stoked, I have 2 motors to put it in when i get it. One is a stock d16 for inspection/emission purposes, the other is my boosted d16z6 out of my CRX. When i get more money ill drop a larger motor in it, but for now i need a good DD.

stated here CAFROG yeah I know it was a shell he said he has two motors....

So im arranging a deal with the guy with the orange hatch on thursday. The car should be in my possession within 2 weeks.

Does anyone think its a good price on the orange hatch?

$2000 for the shell.. its clean, only a scuff on the front bumper, a small dent on the hood and driver side quarter panel. The engine bay and door sills are matching with the car color.
It has a 5 lug conversion, and clean JDM ITR's. No backseat. new fluidyne half rad, and MSD blaster box..

What does everyone think?

As long as you got everything to make it run then yes its a good deal.

Yup, i think all i need are motor mounts for that hatch, my Innovatives obviouslly wont fit from and EF.

But i have a buyer on my S2 Pro coilovers/front camber kit + motor mounts off my CRX.. he offered 600$. What you think?

The coilovers have some weathering damage from 2 years of use, the camber kit is clean, and the mounts are fairly clean.. some of the powdercoating is peeling.

it looks like a good deal
hard enough to find a clean hatch, let alone that looks pretty nice
and you have all the stuff to make it a nice DD

get it, put a drivetrain in and you got something you can easily get your money back out of
play it smart

take a magnet with you.
make sure that fresh paint isnt hiding some fucked up body work underneath.

and bring a clean cloth to put between the magnet and the paint

if i was selling a car and some jackass scratched my paint dragging a magnet across it id likely end up pistol whipping the mother fuckers teeth out... then throat fucking their bleeding toothless mouth until they cried... then waterboarding the fucker with their own blood spit and tears

:)

if i was selling a car and some jackass scratched my paint dragging a magnet across it id likely end up pistol whipping the mother fuckers teeth out... then throat fucking their bleeding toothless mouth until they cried... then waterboarding the fucker with their own blood spit and tears

:)

HA.. i wish i could rep you for that, but ive given you too much as it is.

But ya, im going to finally inspect the car myself on thursday and hopefully takin it home. Hes had 5 people look at it, but since i was first hes tryin to work with me before them.

HA.. i wish i could rep you for that, but ive given you too much as it is.

But ya, im going to finally inspect the car myself on thursday and hopefully takin it home. Hes had 5 people look at it, but since i was first hes tryin to work with me before them.

there I did it for ya

Hes had 5 people look at it, but since i was first hes tryin to work with me before them.
either he is telling you this to try and push you to buy, or he's had 5 people look at the car and walk away
take your pick, either way he's full of shit

either he is telling you this to try and push you to buy, or he's had 5 people look at the car and walk away
take your pick, either way he's full of shit

Or he could be telling the truth? i was the first person to contact him once he placed the ad, he said since then hes had a guy from NJ, and FL trying to buy and get him to tow it, and another guy trying to tow it to another part of the state. Either way, one more day til i look at the car, and well see where it goes from there.

Or he could be telling the truth? i was the first person to contact him once he placed the ad, he said since then hes had a guy from NJ, and FL trying to buy and get him to tow it, and another guy trying to tow it to another part of the state. Either way, one more day til i look at the car, and well see where it goes from there.

You must have not bought many cars... He's probably blowing smoke up your ass. It's typical talk of a car seller. You must've tipped your hand and shown that you really liked the car -- thus giving the seller leverage. If you want it, they'll tug on your emotions to get things to go more their way. Car-buying needs to be emotionless.

The dealership tried this with me when I bought my CRZ. They told me that there was someone else looking at it, and they were going to come in that day. I replied with "Well, let me put a $500 deposit down on it then." and the rep told me she'd ask the manager, and call me back. She called me back and said the manager wouldn't let her do that, and I'd just have to buy it soon, because someone else was looking at it.

Bottom line: a week later, the car was still on the showroom floor, although it had slightly more miles, it hadn't been sold. If you're serious you will probably wind up with the car.

ALSO: Do you know how many people have looked at my winter tires on GSR wheels? Guess how many people have bought them... None.

If I am selling a car and you contacted me first but other people look at it sooner, who ever gives me cash first with a good offer is getting the car. I wouldn't wait for someone to come look at it if someone is interested. If you don't buy it the other guy could have moved on to another car.
That or people did look at it and offered less. He could be hoping you'll offer more.

Back