Timing Belt on Accord V6 J30A1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

I have done around a dozen timing belts on single cam 4 cylinder Hondas- Civics and Accords entirely actually. Everything from 92-2002, I've done the labor for $200 while I'm on break for school which saves people the shop rate and I make pretty good money. But now more and more people are asking if I'll do their V6, and I have no idea what all is involved. I can't find pictures or write ups online anywhere. Auto Zone's site makes it sound like there is a whole lot to it compared to the 4 cylinders.
My question for anyone who has done it is this- is it a straightforward job that is just like doing a 4 cylinder engine plus an extra cam to weave the belt over? Or does it require a myriad of special tools and a manual to help you retime the engine once the new belt is on? My gf's dad wants his done soon but obviously that is the last person on earth's car I want to fuck up.

DIY Timing Belt - AcuraZine Community

I happened to find this after a light bulb came on while typing that thread. I finally found something that was almost exactly what I need. It's for the J32 instead of J30, which is in the TL, but whatever. He covers it decently, and it seems all that encoding nonsense on auto zone's site is unnecessary/optional. Now my only question is this: Is that tensioner hydraulic/automatic, or will I have to manually set the tension like the damn f22's? His writeup was vague on the tensioner and setting it.

Back