Toyota Owner In The Room

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zigy

Well guys I have recently aquired a '95 Honda Civic EX Coupe, I was planing to do 3SGTE

swap in my '94 Celica but it was too costly... Right now I want to put a B16 in the CIVIC.

I do know that I'm a Toyota freak, but I still do know some about honda engines. I have firmly

decided that B16 is the one i want (not a B18 nor H22), so don't be saying don't do B16, but do this one...

1. MY BIG QUESTION which B16 should I go with, .......... B16A2, B16A3 and etc..

2. Second question is if $3,500 is reasonable rate for a proffesional shop to do the swap.

This price includes "everything": B16, trans, labor, ecu, wires and etc.

I live in Chicago area so there is not that many shops around here but 2-3 so there is not much

competition going on...

THANX A LOT FOR YOUR HELP, and I'll be seeing you around...

IF it was the B16A2 then yea that sounds reasonable. You would want that engine anyway due to it being OBD1 just like your car.

Originally posted by beau_safken@Mar 13 2003, 12:40 AM
IF it was the B16A2 then yea that sounds reasonable. You would want that engine anyway due to it being OBD1 just like your car.

B16A2 is OBD2, not OBD1. The B16A3 from the del Sol VTEC would be a good one to throw in- just make sure it's from a 93-95 del Sol. You can use the JDM Sir2 engine also- that's the 92-95 JDM B16 that works with your OBD1 system.

B16A2 is OBD2, not OBD1. The B16A3 from the del Sol VTEC would be a good one to throw in- just make sure it's from a 93-95 del Sol. You can use the JDM Sir2 engine also- that's the 92-95 JDM B16 that works with your OBD1 system.

DOH!!!!!!! My bad...thank goodness there are others around to fix my screw ups...LOL

Originally posted by beau_safken@Mar 13 2003, 12:53 AM

DOH!!!!!!! My bad...thank goodness there are others around to fix my screw ups...LOL

That's not what we're here for. Check your information before you go touting it as fact.

:kick:
..... /\ .... /\
......|| .....||
......Me ... Calesta

Yep I will have to learn to think twice type once... :)

Just reiterating 95 civic = B16A siRII,94-95 delsol B16A3 :p

Back