Tranny Confusion...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA-MAX

I was always under the impression that a cable trans would plain not just work with a motor built for a hydro clutch...but then I saw this ebay auction for a 94 LS motor(hydro) mated with a 92 tranny(cable):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33615

then I read this on HAsport's page:
"The 94 and later Integra and 92 and later Civic B-series engine use a hydraulic actuated clutch transmission that is not compatible with the 88-91 model Civics and CRXs. To remedy this, use the 89-91 SiR or 90-93 Integra transmissions. Also with these engines, the left side bracket needs to be changed to that of the 90-93 Integra bracket, p/n #."

http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Installs/Swap%...X%20OBD1-2B.htm

what am I missing, I always thought the only way to do this was a troublesome cable to hydro conversion?? am I totally off?? I searched over here and on Honda-Tech, but the common consensus seems to be that simply mating these two isn't/wasn't posisble :unsure: thanks for any help, I was just kinda confused.

You can mate like series tranny's and motors,ie:B16A1 tranny to a B16A2 motor.You can not mate unlike series tranny's and motors,ie: D16A1 tranny to a B18C1.

The HAsport ad states that the vehicles and the tranny's are not compatible,so you need a conversion to run a cable clutch tranny in a hydaulic tranny based car.Or use a cable tranny from one of the cars listed to let the motor work in the 88-91 chassis.The conversion is a cheaper alternative to buying a new tranny.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 6 2003, 09:52 PM
You can mate like series tranny's and motors,ie:B16A1 tranny to a B16A2 motor.You can not mate unlike series tranny's and motors,ie: D16A1 tranny to a B18C1.

The HAsport ad states that the vehicles and the tranny's are not compatible,so you need a conversion to run a cable clutch tranny in a hydaulic tranny based car.Or use a cable tranny from one of the cars listed to let the motor work in the 88-91 chassis.The conversion is a cheaper alternative to buying a new tranny.

cool thanks for straightening that out for me! :D makes plenty sense.

Back