Transmision

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smokeshowmo2

hi i was wonderin what trannsmision would be better for corning and getting off the line. and would bolt up to the b18b integra ls motor with not much problems. so any help on which transmision to get would be a big help.and how hard would it be to do?

thanks

Originally posted by smokeshowmo2@Jan 11 2003, 02:52 PM
hi i was wonderin what trannsmision would be better for corning and getting off the line. and would bolt up to the b18b integra ls motor with not much problems. so any help on which transmision to get would be a big help.and how hard would it be to do?

thanks

JDM ITR tranny would be the best, but a GSR tranny would do. It just unbolts, then bolt the new tranny up.

A close ratio tranny revs higher, the LS wasn't made to rev past 7k.

A close ratio tranny revs higher

This is sort of true. The closer gears allow the engine to spin up faster, but they don't "rev higher". A tighter tranny will lower the top speed of your car, but with the LS tranny you hit the speed limiter before you run out of revs in 5th gear. I have not ridden in a B18B powered car with a tight tranny, but it will be much the same as the B18A1 with a B16 tranny on it which felt good. You will see a decrease in gas mileage, but it helps the LS "pull" harder.

thanks for the help. what would be the speed cutout though and can i put an lsd in it and how hard would it be to do and how much $$$$$ and is it worth it. thanks
and one more thing could i still do decent speed on the highway :D

If the 94+ speed limiter is the same as the 93 (I think that it is) the ECU cuts at 135mph. You shouldn't have any problems hitting that with a GSR tranny.

yes you can put an LSD in that tranny
Quaife, Kaaz, or stock ITR will work
all run in the $800 - $900 range
another company that makes a great LSD is GT (Guard Transmissions) but i cant find a web site or any info on them.... only seen them and heard reviews from people who have had them put into track Porsches

Quaife or OEM ITR LSD.

quaife is guaranteed for life, ITR LSD is good up to 240whp or so.

all others pale in comparison, cusco, mugen, kaaz, etc are all not as strong and not as streetable.

Back