Treadstone Turbo Kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HonCiv99

EK Swappa
Iv'e been doing some research on kits and this seems to be like a legit kit and well priced for what you get. I know piecing a kit together is generally the most cost effective way to go but I would rather have the comfort of having almost everything I need to install this kit, minus: FMU, injectors, fuel pump, etc. Has anybody heard anything about these guys? and if this seems like a good kit to go with? Any suggestions would be great! Heres the link: eBay Motors: Treadstone Turbo Kit Honda Civic Si CRX, B series swaps (item 400035412057 end time Mar-13-09 01:01:10 PDT)=

ebay=stay away. unless it's a rev hard, full race, or legit seller of greddy etc.

If its a real Turbonetics turbo I would say it isnt a bad option, the turbos are the weakest point of the ching-chong turbo kits.

i can't even click on their page to copy and paste stuff.

the first sentence they spell "industy".

it's your call man. i wouldn't do it. i could probably piece something together that is better.

Ok I know there are kits on ebay that are JUNK pieces of crap from China. But this kit has an actual t3/t4 Turbonetics turbo and a Turbonetics Wastegate. And Ive seen on like scion forums and nissan people that have the kits and claim to be great kits. So don't assume just because it's on Ebay that it is JUNK.

So don't assume just because it's on Ebay that it is JUNK.

no, assuming stuff is junk then being proven wrong later on keeps you from buying shit products.

when dealing with online stuff, it pays to be pessimistic.

there are "greedy" turbo kits out there too that advertise as "real greddy". but they aren't. If you shop around, or piece on together, you can get a better kit for $2,000 or less.

no, assuming stuff is junk then being proven wrong later on keeps you from buying shit products.

there are "greedy" turbo kits out there too that advertise as "real greddy". but they aren't. If you shop around, or piece on together, you can get a better kit for $2,000 or less.

:werd: Keep your eye open for good deals and piece your own together.

Yea I feel ya. I know piecing is usually the best way to go but it's the misc things and the hassle and headache of doing it.

well, if you don't want to hassle with it, buy it.

but buyer beware. if you aren't willing to put it together the right way, you seriously lack a lot of patience. don't worry so much about the end result. make sure it's done right the first time.

if you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it a second time?

well, if you don't want to hassle with it, buy it.

but buyer beware. if you aren't willing to put it together the right way, you seriously lack a lot of patience. don't worry so much about the end result. make sure it's done right the first time.

if you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it a second time?

Yea I understand. I have been on the look out for good deals. I just really dont what to look for when buying used parts like turbo's with all the shaft play and crap that can happen, and so far nothing great has come up.

You could pick that up, and just replace the ebay shit with decent stuff. The most expensive stuff is out of the way, but you still could piece one together for cheaper with better parts.

You could pick that up, and just replace the ebay shit with decent stuff. The most expensive stuff is out of the way, but you still could piece one together for cheaper with better parts.

Ok well what would I need to replace? They don't sell the shitty bov's, they give you the option of hks, greddy, and turbonetics. The intercooler does not look like it would be bad, and it comes with a Turbonetics tubo & wastegate.

If you want it buy it. Youve heard what everyones opinions on the kit, are you trying to sell it to us? :dunno:

i would replace the manifold and all of the piping. maybe sell the intercooler and get a brand name.

if you want the thing, buy it. give us a review on it. we aren't trying to persuade you one way or another. we are a disineterested 3rd party. so far nobody here would buy it. shit or get off the pot.

Piping is piping in my eyes, but the manifold and intercooler need to be decent. And the couplers and clamps on the piping, you do not want to go through the hassle of changing clamps and couplers all the time.

Piping is piping in my eyes, but the manifold and intercooler need to be decent. And the couplers and clamps on the piping, you do not want to go through the hassle of changing clamps and couplers all the time.

Agreed. Well Iv'e seen a couple of decent used intercoolers (mishimoto, spearco, etc.) for sale so I'll keep my eyes open. Well if parts present themselves and its a good deal I'll jump on it for sure before making a decision to just get this kit.

Bourne-Ultimatum-1.jpg

Back