trying to complete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b00stedLS

stupid question.. but if i was to buy a complete longblock what other accesories would i need to complete a swap. thanks

assuming it is a b-series engine. matching trans, ecu, axles, throttle cable, radiator hoses, shift linkage, maybe more i can never remember.

what longblock is it, what car will it be going into? We need more info to help.

Above poster forgot motor mounts. You're also gonna need a head to put onto the block.

Originally posted by trappd-in-859@Jul 6 2005, 05:38 PM
You're also gonna need a head to put onto the block.
[post=521478]Quoted post[/post]​

A long block includes the head, a short block doesn't.

It really depends on the longblock. Some people will say a complete longblock is the block, head and all the assescories, intake manifold, etc...some will say it is block and head.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 6 2005, 11:57 AM-->
trappd-in-859
@Jul 6 2005, 05:38 PM
You're also gonna need a head to put onto the block.
[post=521478]Quoted post[/post]​

A long block includes the head, a short block doesn't.

It really depends on the longblock. Some people will say a complete longblock is the block, head and all the assescories, intake manifold, etc...some will say it is block and head.
[post=521494]Quoted post[/post]​

:doh: I feel like such an idiot right now.

blind leading the blind.....a long block= shortblock plus the head! I hate when peeps gove info when they know little or nothing about the subject! and depending on what chassis, he may not need motor mounts!

I know he might not need motor mounts but it doesnt hurt to replace them.

Originally posted by hybrid89@Jul 6 2005, 01:43 PM
blind leading the blind.....a long block= shortblock plus the head! I hate when peeps gove info when they know little or nothing about the subject! and depending on what chassis, he may not need motor mounts!
[post=521537]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, in new terms this is correct. IE if you bought a new LS1 longblock from Gm, you would get heads and block. Same thing with spoon engines. You get block and head with all the internals (plus valve covers) However, on most engine vendors for hondas have there own version of what a Long block is. Hmotors defination is basicly remove the tranny and what ever is still on the engine, you get.

Back