Tuning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfd3s

hi, Ive got a 1999 GSR and I just turboe'd it with the drag kit. My car is completely stock except the turbo. I've been told to "tune" my car and I actually don't know how. Do I need a new ECU to tune my car? Please educate me on this issue. I want to tune it so I can get the most performance out of it and keeping it relieble. Thanks a lot

i am probably hurting u more than helping, but i THINK u take ur car to a dyno,
then mess around untill you get it right....

DO i need some aftermarket electronics to tune opn the dyno? or do i just tune my original ECU ? im really clueless on the stuff. please help

You need Hondata.

How much boost are you running on stock internals? Im thinking about getting a gsr and running turbo.

How does the Hondata work? Everytime I get a new mod I have to get it re-tuned? How much is it each time I wanna re-tune my car? (both questions pertain to using a Hondata system)

the trick is to do all your mods first. then tune it.

what size injectors are you running?
i would REALLY stay out of positive boost until you get it tuned. you are running the risk of blowing up in a week.

If youre running LOW boost you shouldnt have to but Id recomend getting some 440s from a DSM. Youll have to wire up some resistors since theyre two conflicting injector styles but itll literally save you a few 100 bucks. go to homemadeturbo.com and check out their tech section. There are lots of people running a simpe safc/vafc and this injector mods pushing well over 250 to the wheels.

jesus christ. stop driving your car right now. seriously. you are going to blow up.
stock injectors max out at like 200 whp. i guarantee you are making more than that.
if you need to drive still- STAY OUT OF BOOST. shift at 3 grand and don't hard foot it.
i would recommend at LEAST 440 cc injectors.

dyno time varies place to place- $50-150 per hour is common.
but you can't tune a car without shit to tune it with.

I highly recommend hondata. but if there is no one in your area who tunes hondata, you are screwed for that. It's obvious you aren't expereinced in this field (don't take that the wrong way) so i wouldn't recommend you do it your self either. you will blow up. lol

try to find a shop in your area that offers wideband o2 dynojet tuning and knows how to use hondata and has the dealer package. then, simply buy the s200 with boost option, and rent some time, and get tuned. and don't forget the injectors!!!!

yes you can, just make sure you get it with the boost option, and be sure you have someone who can tune the hondata for you in your area.

i'd recommed the s200 over the s100 anyday. for the simple fact that the s100 is NOT upgradable, but the s200 is. the price differnce is like 50 bucks. just get the s200 /b and find a dealer with a tuner package and a dyno

Back