Turbo B16 Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChaseRsX

I am building up a b16 block to hold 20 lbs or more of boost. I am boring the sleeves out to 84mm and using a b17 crank and rods. I have a couple questions about this build up.
1. I know I need to get the block resleeved. I have heard of golden eagle doing it and I have also heard of JG making bored out, solid deck blocks. Does anyone know anything about these two products?
2. If I use that crank, do I use a flywheel and clutch from a b16, a b17, or are they the same?
3. I am putting this motor into a 91 crx. The car has a 91 ls motor in it already. Can I use the cv joints from the ls on the b16?

1. golden eagle is probably the best, dart makes the solid closed deck blocks, but they are expensive.

2. the clutches are the same, but go with an aftermarket on to hold the power of the boosted motor.

3. you can use everything from the tranny down if they are both cable actuated.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 8 2003, 11:30 AM
2. the clutches are the same, but go with an aftermarket on to hold the power of the boosted motor.

nope, the 90-91 b16 tranny and the 92-93 gsr tranny have a different number of splines on the input shaft. so the clutches are NOT compatible.

as far as the flywheels go, all b series flywheels are interchangeable.

Not a different NUMBER of splines, just a different diameter of splines.

Trust me, I know. I've gottem em mixed up and cursed their splined asses.

Back