Turbo bargains

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1991 ford probe gt came turbocharged. iirc so did the late 80s ford tbird.

Yup. Ford had the turbo coupe and super coupe. An old friend from my last job had a TC.

Lets not forget the GMC syclone & typhoon. Dunno what they retail for but im sure the engines are cheap.

1991GMCSyclone.jpg

92gmc17059-A.jpg

Those GMCs are pretty rare. Big money comparatively.

No thanks to the GMCs...there is no excusing how ugly (and white trash) those fucking things are. I WAS thinking factory turbo but I'm also entertaining any non-turbo, fun, and relatively cheap sports car. I just want to bang 5 gears again, like a man. I'm tired of driving boring, sterile automatic cars like this turd Lexus I'm driving now.

Hell ya. I would suffer retribution from all of my friends and family who just wouldn't understand. My fucking boss would tell me every single day that it's a "girl" or "chick" car...fuckin herp derp

i can vouch for the old probes
i had one that i bought off a friend, somewhere close to 200k miles on it
i beat the shit out of it everyday and never popped the motor.
had to put a 5 speed in it, was fucked when i got it, and it had a habit of eating wheel bearings, but over all a reliable fun car to drive.

I think I'm just going to buy a bugeye rex wagon and be done with it. I search and search and keep ending up back at that. I realized I would need something I could securely carry my bike in and that fits the bill...

Back