Turbo cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth_criminal

OK now that the rebiuld is done and i'm almost done braking the motor in. When i put the turbo back on i'm going to go with a Blox intake manifold and i want a better set of cams then the stock LS cams. I don't really need anything all that agressive. I still want a halfway normal idle. . The head is going to be fully ported and polished to match the intake/exhuast mani's. Also what spring / retainer / valves should i get. Figure mine as well do it all at once. My current setup is as follows. please let me know what you think would be a good choice for my head

Block: Stock LS, has just been fully rebuild with new pistons/ rings/ seal/ gaskets/ bearing and pumps.

Head: 100% stock. (blox mani on order)

Turbo set up: tdo5 18g, trust intercooler, type-s bov , rc 310 injectors, 255 fuel pump, uberdata, greddy exhuast mani.

310's?? i'd be looking for some new injectors first. i know folks with all motor cars that have topped those out.

crower ls stuff is good and pretty cheap. you can do the entire valvetrain with springs/retainers/cams for well under a G.

Did you rebuild it with stock pistons etc? I wouldnt do anythgin to make the ls rev higher unless the bottom was built with forged stuff.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 10 2005, 04:01 PM
310's?? i'd be looking for some new injectors first. i know folks with all motor cars that have topped those out.

crower ls stuff is good and pretty cheap. you can do the entire valvetrain with springs/retainers/cams for well under a G.
[post=510810]Quoted post[/post]​

well for right now i'm only going to be boosting 9 - 10 PSI so i think the 310's will do fine for now. i don't plan on uping the boost for at least another year, gotta buy my new house before i can spend money on building another motor.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Jun 13 2005, 08:11 AM

well for right now i'm only going to be boosting 9 - 10 PSI so i think the 310's will do fine for now. i don't plan on uping the boost for at least another year, gotta buy my new house before i can spend money on building another motor.
[post=511597]Quoted post[/post]​

you'll probably max those out on 3-4 psi. seriously.

310's are good for 210 whp at about 12:1 afr at stock fpr... all motor cars can go a little more with them, because they don't run 11.5:1--12:1 afr's.... they are in the high 12s/low 13s most the time.

450's will take you into the mid 250-275 range, depending on fuel pressure.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jun 13 2005, 10:48 AM-->
smooth_criminal
@Jun 13 2005, 08:11 AM

[post=511597]Quoted post[/post]​

you'll probably max those out on 3-4 psi. seriously.

[post=511657]Quoted post[/post]​

you really think so? they come with the greedy kit with the turbo gated at like 8-9 psi. Noe i wonder if it was the injectors that gave out and made me blow my ringland. but the whole time my A/F was still readying rich before the ringland cracked.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 13 2005, 02:41 PM
the greddy kit also comes with the blue box shit, which is basically and electronic fmu.
[post=511724]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true, thats what i blamed the cracked ringlands on at first.
Ok so anyone want to buy a new set of 310's only 100 miles on them. B)

Back