Turbo Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Is it possible to use Jun Type 3 Cams for turbo apps? if it is, is there a better one out there?

i wouldn't use those.

stock GSR cams are good for boost. crower makes vtec/t cams as well.

in a vtec/t setup, the way to go it seems is to have a close to gsr duration, but a little higher lift.

*moving to FI*

no the are to long of a duration cam wih turbo you want less overlap than with no turbo apps phone crane up and tell them your setup they will be able to best mathch you a set of cams most companeys make a turbo cam and this will give far better results than a cam made for nfa

trust me. people put down good power with gsr cams.

Ok i guess i would have to go for custom cams. But does anyone know where to find specs on the Skunk2 turbo cams? The website says TBA (i guess they dont update it much) but ive found some place that are already selling them and some people already have them. What i was looking for is a cam with a primary lobe that offers good idle, a long duration sec. lobe for torque and and very short duration VTEC lobe for high rpm (i want it to hit 9000rpm or more, with ferrea valvetrain).

phone up a couple of places and ask they will be able to set you up with the best cams for your engine

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Feb 23 2003, 05:44 PM
What i was looking for is a cam with a primary lobe that offers good idle, a long duration sec. lobe for torque and and very short duration VTEC lobe for high rpm (i want it to hit 9000rpm or more, with ferrea valvetrain).

uhh- what?

you don't have an s2000. you don't have 3 lobes.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 24 2003, 01:08 AM-->
@Feb 23 2003, 05:44 PM
What i was looking for is a cam with a primary lobe that offers good idle, a long duration sec. lobe for torque and and very short duration VTEC lobe for high rpm (i want it to hit 9000rpm or more, with ferrea valvetrain).

uhh- what?

you don't have an s2000. you don't have 3 lobes.

the d15b uses three lobes, the s2000 was just the first to have it.

ok- but, we are talking b-series here, are we not? As far as I know- Jun doesn't make parts for anythign but b-series

In that case, any cam is worth more than that motor. At least use the $ to pick up a D16 or B18B. :rolleyes:

since the d16 and d15b are same series, would it be possible to swap the heads? I need good fuel economy, as prices for gas is going up.

Back