Turbo or All-Motor D16A6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fwddrag

alright here we go i have a 1991 honda civic it has a D16A6 and im considering the options i have with it. I am on a low budget system here, so just need some input. Just pick one of the options i have laid out for you guys alright.

1. All - Motor -- keep d16a6 block throw ZC pistons and rods, D16Y8 head and layer head gasket, 13.9 : 1 CR, headers, intake of coarse.

2. Turbo -- still D16A6 block , put in D16Z6 head, D16A6 pistons, then run HF manifold and T-25 turbo ZDyne ECU, ya this is a dream big bucks.....

I know the engine will blow soon or a later, so after that i will throw a b16a1 in but that would be saving over summer or running up the credit card , lol.

I just want to get All - Motor or turbo, i dont have much money so all - motor is looking good but i always wanted a turbo car, with that BOV sound.

Also if you have ZC pistons and rods reply looking for some cheap ones, and either heads D16Y8 or D16Z6, complete with intake manifold all gaskets.

Thanks.

dude, i just put a b18b into my civ and its great,
and cheap too,
and it leaves you with the option to do more things down the line,

Well, if you dont mind the motor blowing up eventually i would just go turbo. I read a magazine a little while ago where they build a turbo setup for a crx for around 750 and it put down 170 hp and 160 ft lbs. If you want the motor to be reconditioned i would go the all motor route. You can get some zc pistons and rods, new rings, sohc vtec head, engine management goodies, and be putting down decent numbers with a basically rebuilt engine. I have seen all motor d16 setups put down anywhere from 130 to 175 depending on how it is built.

if ur not worried about blowing the motor spray that motor your out 500 or so bucks then start over with liike ls turbo or b16

Yeah, spray would be a very good option. Especially since you dont care if it blows up. Then you can still transfer the nitrous system over to the next engine you get.

just boost that beatch! you dont need to spend big bucks on a zdyne, just et a vafc. you can do a nice low budget kit for under 800 bux that will smoke a b16 or b18. lates.

yeah. turbo, if youre just wanting to get as much power out of the motor as possible and not really worried about keeping it. turbo it, you can easily get a setup for under 1k.

Yeah, I would just go turbo. Dont worry about getting a z6 head if you are going turbo. I have seen turbo a6 compared to turbo z6 and there isnt much difference in power at all. Also, that added compression from a z6 head will put a strain on those wimpy d16a6 rods. If you can spare some cash, get some zc or 88-89 integra rods. They are supposed to handle 200 horsepower and are stronger than a6 rods.

Back