turbo rebuild

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRTURBO

anyone know any good places i can get my turbonetics t3/t04e 54 trim rebuilt. There is very very minimal shaft play, but im trying to get it fixed before i strap it up to the new motor. Im near baltimore maryland, but i know ill probably have to send it out. Anyone with some rough prices? thanks in advance
josh

yeah i know, but its rubbing somewhere too. I forgot to put that in the first post. For instance, its spins freely, but if you put your ear close to the compressor housing and spin it, you hear a shing shing... shing shing sound, almost like the fins are barely scrapping inside the housing. I had a guy at a shop look at it as another opinion, and he said to get it rebuilt. I have someone that would buy it for 300-350 if i decided to sell it, then id be looking for a new one.

:withstupid:
I got a junk yard turbo for 20 bucks (t3/t4) and took it apart and cleaned it out and sold it to a kid(still apart for 100 bucks). he was happy, and so was I...
I dont think a turbo rebuild kit is going to stop the rubbing. I have one that I havent used, but im not sure as to what turbo its for.

im not talking about a kit, i was talking about sending it out and getting it rebuilt, so it should basically come back brand new right? (i dont remember where i got this from, but i think someone told me it was ~$350 for a rebuild)

Back