Turbo Sizing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

statiksol

Banned
okay, so i got this turbo. its a tdo5h-14b. does anyone know how good this thing is and what the specs are on it?

10-14 is probably its top range
like i said, its small

okay, well i have an ls/vtec in my del sol thats totally built so about 10 psi out of that turbo should do me well.

IMO, its way too small for an ls/vtec.

i think you would be much happier with a t3 60-1 or a t3/to4e

i don't have the cash for something like that. i got this cheap and it should do just what i want it to hopefully. i would like to know if its a good idea to use it though?

It cant hurt. Don't expect to generate much more than 50 additional hp with it @ 10 psi, tune well, I am assuming if you're fully built you most likely have a high cr, and in this case tuning to the hilt is a MUST!

well 90 ls bottom end, gsr main girdle, eagle rods, srp 10.5:1 pistons, str block guard, arp head studs. b16 head, crower 1mm oversised valves, crower dual valve springs, crower titanium retainers, gsr cams (for now), skunk2 intake manifold, type r throttle body, dsm 450cc injectors, holley 255lph fuel pump, aem rail and regulator, str cam gears, and apexi vafc. will it work well with all that?

Originally posted by statiksol@Mar 27 2003, 04:18 PM
god damn thats a lot of money for a turbo! are you kidding me? how much hp will that make on my motor?

a lot of money? nobody said going fast was gonna be cheap...

Originally posted by statiksol@Mar 27 2003, 03:18 PM
god damn thats a lot of money for a turbo! are you kidding me? how much hp will that make on my motor?

you could get it to easily make 300 or 400 or 500 with tuning of course

Back