uberdata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
what kind of maniac spends 6 grand in turbo parts

who calling a maniac? :lol:

if uberdata supported datalogging, and thus, a good solid rom could be made from the rom editor, i'd be all for it. but for now, its trial and error.... no better than playing with a vafc- even though it CAN read the boost tables.

its just not there.... yet

and thats why im for hondata

-B at claytons'

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@May 1 2004, 11:32 AM
Pedro? That picture in my avatar is "Farva" from the movie Super Troppers... that's not me lol.

haha

was curious about that :lol: still havent seen that movie.

Originally posted by Airjockie@May 1 2004, 06:20 PM
if uberdata supported datalogging, and thus, a good solid rom could be made from the rom editor, i'd be all for it.

Uberdata does have datalogging, it's in the testing mode right now. Even if it didn't you could still use ECU control to datalog. So you going to start running uberdata now? ;)

B has a lot more money into his setup than I do- chances are he isn't going to trust his tuning to a free rom editor- keep dreaming though

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 1 2004, 09:39 PM
B has a lot more money into his setup than I do- chances are he isn't going to trust his tuning to a free rom editor- keep dreaming though

Well, Titan Motorsports probably have a lot of money into their 435whp race car I am guessing... http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=840196

Please don't post just to bash uberdata. I have never said anything bad about Hondata at all, except the fact that it's expensive, other than that it's fucking awesome.

a picture says a 1000 words.

3, say 3000.

DSC00599.JPG

DSC00602.JPG

DSC00637.JPG

0hhhh n0000es
is that a 2.0 GSR engine built by IB with a complete Full Race turbo setup capable of 600+ on race gas?????

damn.......

600 > 435

:ph34r:

nope. paid for it cash, like the rest of the car.
paying for a tuner to come up to tune me as well.

why? cuz i want the best tune i can get

I've paid other people for parts, but I've done (or at least helped) with EVERYTHING on my car, including tuning it. I may be an arrogant prick, but I know who to blame if something on my car isn't right.

I'd trust myself, a decent wideband, a EGT and a couple hours more than anything money can buy...

The problem with DIY tools is more often the user than the tool, especially for some of the more mature DIY tools like Uberdata, Crome and Turboedit.

I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings B, but I think anyone who spends $2000 on a professionally tuned Hondata setup when they're smart enough to do it themselves for a $300 wideband, $100 EPROM burner needs a girlfriend, mortgage, kid, other hobbies or to give more money to charity. If you're honestly so fucking obsessed with your car being 2hp faster than the next asshole, you need to get your priorities straight. Tuning is as much about time and tools as about who is doing it. There is no magic. Doing it yourself, you can use your free time to tune your shit better than Joe Hotrod flying across the country tuning cars professionally.

Rant over.

perhaps, but in my case, i don't know NEARLY enough to tune a car myself, and even if I did, I would rather not trust something like to to myself- Because if I fuck up and blow my motor because i leaned it out on high boost, guess what I get out of the deal- jack shit

but if my local hondata tuner fucks up and I can prove it and show them, then there is a case that i can win or at least attempt to win

otherwise i'm left with a blown motor, shattered dignity and nothing

Originally posted by radnulb@May 3 2004, 07:04 PM
I'd trust myself, a decent wideband, a EGT and a couple hours more than anything money can buy...

I don't, and that's why i'm paying a professional- not some dude at a dyno- to tune my car.

Does my tuner tune uberdata? nope.
does he tune hondata? yes.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@May 3 2004, 05:55 PM
:withstupid: this is the point I've been trying to stress the entire time but no one ever listens to little old Corie :shrug2:

I listened to little old Corie. now my sub works. :D

uberdata can run a car just as good as hondata. they both just slightly modify the stock honda code to read boost and allow you to change the fuel and timing maps. uberdata now supports datalogging too. the only difference is that uberdata may take a little longer to tune because of the interface. FYI if you want to datalog... you will need a wideband. most widebands come with datalogging anyway so who cares???

uberdata is for the guy who wants to tune their car and save money.

hondata is for the guy who is too scared or doesn't know how to tune... and doesn't live close enough to pay me to tune their uberdata.

uberdata got me into the 11s on my second run EVAR... my AF ratio is perfect, just because i am running uberdata is my "6 thousand dollar motor" gonna blow because i didn't dump a g on hondata??? hell no.

proof: https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...=4&t=37865&st=0

CivicsWest ownz

Originally posted by ndogg@May 3 2004, 10:24 PM
uberdata is for the guy who wants to tune their car and save money.

hondata is for the guy who is too scared or doesn't know how to tune... and doesn't live close enough to pay me to tune their uberdata.

ok. look ya cheap bastard, if you had the F'n $$ and worked a real job i personally gaurantee you wouldnt spend your time with uberdata. unless you still lived with your parents and had NO life..

Uberdata is good, i think we can all agree on that. i like it, you like it, we all like it. people that dont have the time and/or patience to get involved just would rather deal with hondata. plain and simple.

i dont think a person here thinks uberdata sucks. period.

hondata=3 hours give or take a couple to have tuned

uberdata=alot more than that..

i hope this thread is resolved soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back