Ultimate D15b7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

laduer

I'm taking the old non vtec engine that was in my 95 dx cope and building it up for my 94 dx autocross car. I know that a 88-91 crx si cam will give more powerbut what about different pistons and cranshafts. Whats compatible? Also I was wondering if the b7 was a good mini me. Because i can easily get a Z6 head and manifold? I was wanting some mugen stuff for it to. Will mugen headers for a z6 fit.
the engine has an adjustable cam gear on it now will that work with the crx cam?
thanks guys :worthy:

you should definately think about the z6 head conversion. besides that though there isn't much for the 1.5. if you want to go autocross though why not just put a b series engine in it? or instead of building a 5th gen coupe find a 4th gen hatch. the 4th gens are alittle lighter and your power to weight ratio would be much better in that.

Well if you get some VX rods you can use other Honda pistons like the ZC/P29 ones. I think I'm gointg to try it and see wha kind of gains I get. The CRX Si cam, Z6 Intake manfold, and a B series Throttle body all bolt up. You would notice a big change with a tranny upgrade. Get a 96 up EX tranny if you can. Then work on your suspension. make sure the power you do make gets to the ground.

Why 96 and up? The 5th gen EX/Si tranny's are geared shorter.

i,m also installing a copy of a mugen program to my computer. the program has been used on another dx and work pretty good.

There is really no need to do anything to the stock ECU. It is really a very good system. It has sensors that monitor the exhaust and compensates for changes in air intake already. You will just get worse mileage changing the ECU. It learns and adapts to your driving already. Just get the Si cam and Z6 IM with a 60mm TB cheap effective mods.

If i had 4500 or watever your taking id diffinately buy that car.. its gangsta.. someone buy it and drop it a B16A SiRII !! :D mad props! btw, how much was it to do the conversion? my friend is very very interested it on doing it to do his hatch.. how much was the console, wiring, etc?

Back