Upcoming Code White!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i moved it to a newly created thread. Check it out. :D

but yeah it's sprinkling here again. :(

No more snow coming down, but the seven inches that we did get is now getting frozen solid. Freaking 15 degrees out now :ph34r:

So heres how my day has gone so far:

Took me two hours to shovel the driveway so I can at least pull the car out of the garage.
While I'm breaking my back, there is a nice box of Christmas treats sitting on the kitchen counter. Its filled with lovely cookies, suger wafers, hersheys chocolate, breads, candy canes, etc. I come into the house and the box is on the floor, wrappers everywhere, my younger dog looking around like I'm about to kill her.
I induce vomiting, if anyone doesn't know how, you give the dog a 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide. Within 5 mins your dog throws up a nice foamy pile, works extremely well. She throws up outside. But is she done, no, she throws up on the carpet inside. I'm soaking wet from snow, the kitchen is all wet, I'm wet and now theres barf on the rug. So I fire up the rug cleaner, clean the rug, kitchen and throw my clothes in the dryer. The house smells of peroxide.

This is what I get for saying I like snow.
Merry Christmas,

I can't wait for Marley and Me to come out...

but I fear the ending might make me cry, so I kinda don't want to go watch it.

I can't wait for Marley and Me to come out...

but I fear the ending might make me cry, so I kinda don't want to go watch it.
i was thinking the same thing. it just screams "old yeller" in my eyes.

this is what i woke up to this morning:

bed.jpg

about a good 1/4" of ice on my truck...

Oh man, I would NEVER want to wake up to that.

OH, the ice ! Yeah that's ok.

That looks like fun why can't my block be that horrid? lol

Question: the chains dont scratch your rims? something i've always wondered

That looks like fun why can't my block be that horrid? lol

Question: the chains dont scratch your rims? something i've always wondered

Ya know, I'm not really sure if they do or not... I'm not really all that concerned though, they're just my autocross rims.

and how well do they work... lets get a review here

Well they sure as hell are waaaaaaay better than RT-615s in the snow >.<
but it gets a lot better traction on ice and hardpack. They aren't recommended for speeds over 30mph though. If you get stuck you can't throw it in reverse and move back a few inches and then put it in first and spin the tires to get out, doing that causes the tires to spin out of the chains...learned that the hard way. It says specifically on the box to avoid excessive wheel spin. Tried going through snow that was deeper than I anticipated... was probably at least 6-8 inches of snow xD and got stuck and tried using the reverse and then go forward thing and the chains spun off lol. Someone with a big truck pulled me out though thankfully lol.

My car still doesn't do as well as this in the snow, it does have about 1300lbs on my car though...
IMG_0217.jpg

thanks for the info :thumbsup:

lol i think the chains are a little overkill for that... jus get some good snows y0.

we got about 8 inches here id say.

had some fun in the truck.
didn't take the 318 out.... it was just too deep and it was pretty slippery out from being packed down from driving on the roads.

lol i think the chains are a little overkill for that... jus get some good snows y0..

Meh, too expensive, I'll try and pickup some this summer. There's usually a bunch of them on Craigslist for cheap.

I never know that they sold snow chains to everyday people until I moved out west. The only time I even saw chains on cars is when my dad would bring the cruiser home during his lunch and I would see them on the tires.

When you head out west, a lot of the highways require 4x4 or snow chains in order to pass when the weather is bad.

Back