Usdm H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driver1

I was wondering if anyone has any idea if a usdm h22 would be any cheaper as compared to a jdm h22. Also if they were easier or harder to get ahold of it would not matter to me to have the little extra power(jdm) if i could get a usdm for less money. i work at a body shop so i was thinking about going to insurance auctions and trying to find a wrecked prelude for the right price........ any info appreciated

holy shit man... in my area no.. USDM swaps are more, and from what i understand thats usually the case. I spent $1850 w/ lsd for my h22 swap.I went to a junkyard yesterday and just for fun i asked them how much for a h22 swap and he said $3000 w/o lsd. I laughed at his face and told him thats high. I told him I got a motor from Japan for $1850 w/ a lsd tranny, and i dont see how hes gonna charge $3000 when hes down the street from me. Then he argued and i shut him down and said yes i got everything.. then he got pissed... But every area is different.. just look around for yourself.

yeah, the only way you're gonna find a usdm engine cheaper than it's jdm counterpart is if you find a hick auction or junkyard that doesn't know what it's got. like he said, it all depends on your area and how hard you're willing to look for it.

Originally posted by paragus@Feb 8 2003, 02:40 PM
holy shit man... in my area no.. USDM swaps are more, and from what i understand thats usually the case. I spent $1850 w/ lsd for my h22 swap.I went to a junkyard yesterday and just for fun i asked them how much for a h22 swap and he said $3000 w/o lsd. I laughed at his face and told him thats high. I told him I got a motor from Japan for $1850 w/ a lsd tranny, and i dont see how hes gonna charge $3000 when hes down the street from me. Then he argued and i shut him down and said yes i got everything.. then he got pissed... But every area is different.. just look around for yourself.

I agree, it's hard to find a good deal on an engine at the junk yard, they rip you off. At my local yard, I made an offer on a pair of seats for my truck out of one with all broken glass, and they wouldn't budge on the price, so I walked. Six months later, the seats were still there, and shot from the weather. Stick to your guns, and be willing to wait for the right deal.

ya i wasnt exactly thinking i was gonna walk into my local junkyard and get an h22 for a great price i was just inquiring if anyone knew of any other ways to get usdm h22's for a good price ultimately, like i said i would like to find a wrecked prelude for cheap money with the motor. thats what ive been trying to find but its getting so late into winter now its gettin kinda sketchy. any ideas are appreciated :unsure:

well you have to remember that those salvage yard people are more than likely to be at the same auction and have more disposable cash. Their is one yard around here who sends a person to the auction just to out bid you, he then offers to sell you whatever parts you need at "discount".

yeah exactly, I worked for an auction and went to about 4 a week and bought about 20 to 30 cars for salvage cars. and yeah they will buy it cheat it(not legal) and sell it. don't think you will out bid one of those jabroni's that's their business not a hobby.

I've seen a lot of front end clips on ebay lately. Imported JDM, from about the shifter forward. I don't know what your looking to spend, and you HAVE to watch your ass, but Ebay has a lot of good deals. I just make sure to take a very close look at someones rating before buying....Good Luck!!!!

hey thanks alot for the aid in looking for something wrecked but that car has an auto trans which isnt of much use to me because i have a standard. I do not want to bolt my f22 tranny to the h22 because its a weak tranny. I do appreciate the help anyhow and any other info is also appreciated

Oh sorry...i didnt look to see that it was an auto....but anyways just a preveiw of what u can find online...take ur time....and once u get that H22au'll love it....I have a 97 prelude vtec...great car.....pulls nice a strong....and..wells lets jsut say it doesnt take alot for it to be fastttt......LoL...peace man

Back