using an integra harness in a crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmrex08

alright so im planning on taking a 91 crx si or hf and putting an obd1 gsr in it... ive been trying to make a list of all the parts im going to need and i came to the wire harness. ive read on honda tuning magazines forum that if im going with an obd1 motor, which i am, i can use an obd1 integra wire harness... my question is, is this true? and if anyone can give me any links on step by steps to doing this swap it would be greatly appreciated. its my first swap by myself so i dont want anything to go wrong. thanks in advanced

ight thanks and yeah ive been on rywire thats why it confused me when i saw you might be able to use an obd1 harness on a obd0. anyways thanks for the help and i was wondering if you had any suggestions on mounts, for the best fit. ive been told hasport makes the gsr sit to high in a rex

most ppl would recommend hasports,but place racing,ebay,avid,innovative
ive never heard of them placing any motors higher or lower,

eh kinda... im just starting to get an idea of what im going to need and how much its gona cost. so i dont know everything i need and if you could help me out that would be great

i know i need mounts, conversion harnesses, wiring for vtec, axles, shift linkage, cable tranny(i dont want hydro basically because i dont want to go through the trouble of converting), obd1 sensors, and im taking the gsr straight out of a obd1 gsr so its going to come with stock wiring, sensors, etc.

oh and i was told that i have to bang out a section of subframe or frame not sure which one but its so the alternator will fit

hey keep it posted how it goes just curious what engine are you putting in there?

i know i need mounts, conversion harnesses, wiring for vtec, axles, shift linkage, cable tranny(i dont want hydro basically because i dont want to go through the trouble of converting), obd1 sensors, and im taking the gsr straight out of a obd1 gsr so its going to come with stock wiring, sensors, etc.

oh and i was told that i have to bang out a section of subframe or frame not sure which one but its so the alternator will fit

The hasport mounts line up great in the crx, that is what I used for the all motor build in my signature. The instructions with the hasport mounts show you were to beat the apron in some. I beat the area in as shown but since i was using the CTR N1 pulley it was not even necessary. Dropping in the motor took a little time, I had to remove the crank pulley bolt to have just enough clearance to squeeze by. If you are not comfortable with wiring then stick with rywire, they can set you up with everything you need to make it plug and play.

alright then i'll plan on using hasport for most of it, and i was already going to use rywire but thanks atleast i know its a good source and im doin a obd1 gsr btw

you will have to put a dent in the side of the shock tower,to clear the ALTERNATOR pulley,if you look there is a cut square,directly below that about 3-4 inches is wee you need to put the dent,i left my crank pulley on for the swap,
you will not use the wiring harness from the integra,

You do not have to go OBD1 just because your engine is from a OBD1 car. You can use the SI harness and convert it to OBD1 using a jumper harness. This will run you 60-100 bux. Youll need a 4-wire O2 sensor and a OBD1 ECU and distributor.

You can run the engine/swap off a Obd0 Pwo or Pr3 and remove the IABs in the intake manifold if you want to as well.

If you want it to run as well and as efficiently as possible you should go obd1 and use the appropriate obd1 gsr ecu. there is no obd0 gsr ecu and you won't get the most power/reliability out of your engine utilizing the sir1 b16a pw0 or pr3 ecu.

yeah i know i can run an obd0 ecu but im already gona have a p28 so why not use it? plus im thinking about getting it chipped and i was told its easier to chip a obd1 ecu than anything else

i swapped an obd0 ls,but i now about all the swaps for EF's
use te p28,get it chipped and tuned for you setup
convert to obd1 with the cu jumpe,and run all obd1 stuff,easie and more efficient

p28 ftmfw!

its easy man. especially the wiring. i've fone it already. just use the harness and extend some wires and boom your done. If you have acces to a lift use it.Its so much easier to ldrop the car on top of the motor.Makes the install so mnuch faster.

good luck!

p28 ftmfw!

its easy man. especially the wiring. i've fone it already. just use the harness and extend some wires and boom your done. If you have acces to a lift use it.Its so much easier to ldrop the car on top of the motor.Makes the install so mnuch faster.

good luck!

thanks bro

Back