v6 prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

capslock20

so this is whats up, one of my friends and i are starting to putt together a plan for his first swap and he wants a any prelude 89-95 for the obd1i think is easier( yes? no? what do you think?), we got it down to this, accord v6 motor, daily driver, turbo or supercharged, not to much power that it need work every time he goes to the store, really not looking at a HP goal yet. really don't care about being to hard for his first swap we got a year and its gonna be a every weekend project, so what kind of HP # can we look for? drive train? suspension? so any tips ideas or props would be awesome

then go crazy!
i wish i had a shop full of tools at my disposal.

if yall are gonna do this swap just dot it for the its different factor. because most honda 4 bangers will still be faster than a v6 honda anything

true, but we not trying to be the fastest, so it is the diff fact,but i think it will still be nasty

true, but we not trying to be the fastest, so it is the diff fact,but i think it will still be nasty

No, it won't be "nasty", it will be dumb, and it won't ever get finished, guaranteed. The V6 Accord's engine front end is longer to accommodate the engine. Good luck trying to cram it under the Prelude's hood. It's designed for an F or H-series engine. Also, the OBD1 V6 engines SUCK. They only made about 170 horses, were actually somewhat unreliable (for a Honda engine anyway), and were only available in automatic.

This plan has fail written all over it. Just get an H22. It's a drop-in, bolt-up swap that makes 200 horses...

ok wow your a kill joy, and for one you dont know that, and i no i wont just go H22 and be done, but thank you for putting your input, we'll see how nasty it will be when its done, i've never not finished a motor in a car. but again thank you.
No, it won't be "nasty", it will be dumb, and it won't ever get finished, guaranteed. The V6 Accord's engine front end is longer to accommodate the engine. Good luck trying to cram it under the Prelude's hood. It's designed for an F or H-series engine. Also, the OBD1 V6 engines SUCK. They only made about 170 horses, were actually somewhat unreliable (for a Honda engine anyway), and were only available in automatic.

This plan has fail written all over it. Just get an H22. It's a drop-in, bolt-up swap that makes 200 horses...

ok wow your a kill joy, and for one you dont know that, and i no i wont just go H22 and be done, but thank you for putting your input, we'll see how nasty it will be when its done, i've never not finished a motor in a car. but again thank you.

What don't I know? I'm stating facts here. If I didn't know what I was talking about, I wouldn't post. Seriously, this idea is retarded and it will never get finished. I'd be willing to put money on it. In fact, I'll commit to it right now. If you post up pictures and/or video footage of a Prelude swapped with an Accord V6 engine (and of course, I'll need you to make a sign and hold it up in the pictures so I know that it's authentic; you can write "Suck It BrutalB83" on there if you want), I promise to Pay-Pal you $20...

no, it won't get done. it's a stupid swap. it wont fit. it's too expensive, and you don't know enough about cars. people who CAN do this swap don't. and if you could do this swap, you wouldn't be asking for info on a forum.
What don't I know? I'm stating facts here. If I didn't know what I was talking about, I wouldn't post. Seriously, this idea is retarded and it will never get finished. I'd be willing to put money on it. In fact, I'll commit to it right now. If you post up pictures and/or video footage of a Prelude swapped with an Accord V6 engine (and of course, I'll need you to make a sign and hold it up in the pictures so I know that it's authentic; you can write "Suck It BrutalB83" on there if you want), I promise to Pay-Pal you $20...
i'm with brutal, he just beat me to it. i'll contribute another $20. Hell, i'll BET you $100 you don't get this done. you have 1 year to do it YOURSELF....AND the turbo. if you don't, all you have to do is post a picture of yourself and a sandwich board saying, "i love cock".

so....how sure are you that you can do this. would you challenge against $100 and a big sign?

or maybe you will stop being a douche and re-think it a little.

I also doubt it can be reasonably done. Throw enough money at something and someone will get it done for you, but why. Also for the sake of argument why that V6 there are better engine choices out there. Why not and I6? And if it has to be a honda V6 why not one out of the new accord coupe?

this is the kinda thing i was asking for. thankfully i dont take it personal or i would call brut and the other guy ''fucking assholes'' but i wont, but in a way they are right, but i've only done 2 swaps and they were all easy enough, 95 gsr in a 93 civic,and ls in a crx(wasn't mine i just helped) and small motors on mini bikes, this swap (as i said before) isnt my car, i see the points everyones making but we got a year and money so it may not be a accord v6 but i am not the one to say if it will be done or not, but it will be a v6 in a prelude, and as for what nootrac said sure why not i dont know much about accord v6 engines. but no i will never wear a sign saying ''i love cock" no mater what.
I also doubt it can be reasonably done. Throw enough money at something and someone will get it done for you, but why. Also for the sake of argument why that V6 there are better engine choices out there. Why not and I6? And if it has to be a honda V6 why not one out of the new accord coupe?

i've only done 2 swaps and they were all easy enough, 95 gsr in a 93 civic,and ls in a crx

a v6 swap into a Prelude is a completely different ballgame.. those swaps you did were basically drop in.. couple of other parts..

now unless you can make custom mounts and various other junk.. no way you'll do this

I dont think it would be that hard really. It uses about the same shift linkage and the mounts are not to incredibly hard to make. but on the other hand and its a big butt if your going to go thru with it your goin to need a wiring guru because the only motor that would be a reasonable choice would be a 98+ with a cl or tl tranny and up and they all have imobilizers on them for one thing lets just say alot of wiring. If you really want to go thru with it cool a+ for you but just dont look at as i cant do it if you start. Research everything u can. A good sight to look at is v6performance.net. theres some people there that can help you with motor choices and power. if you decide to do it good luck. oh yeah and on another point if you do it you can use a 3.0 all the way up to a 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back