Vafc help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

Ok lets get one thing straight.. im no moron.. i know im not gonna get optimum performance from the vafc without hitting a dyno but thats not in the cards right now im about to drop 600 on a crap load of maintainence me and a friend are gonna be doing next week.

My question is i have a slight bog from 0 -2900 K and i know it has to do with the afc plugged in tons of reason why dont feel like listing all of them.

My question is does anyone have a place i can get a good reliable reference on adjusting fuel curve with a vafc. I just need a slight lean on the low RPM range i can half ass it but i'd like a reference point.

anyone can post an article or give me some tips i have the second version with the high and low points..

thanks guys

you have 2 different fuel adjustment menus. One starts with an L, then goes into all the different points you can -/+ fuel.

The other starts with an H I believe, which is full throttle only.

You want to go into the L one, or narrow throttle one, and push the right/left arrow until you highlight the section like 2000,

the NE Trottle point will be like 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 probably. Just decrease at each point until it stops doing what you don't like. Or add, whichever way helps it.

youll notice, if your idling, and you start lowering the 1000 on the Lthrottle menu, it will affect your idle. That means your modifying the right menu.

See, easy huh?

Jeff

Originally posted by Import Builders@Apr 9 2004, 12:27 AM
you have 2 different fuel adjustment menus.  One starts with an L, then goes into all the different points you can -/+ fuel.

The other starts with an H I believe, which is full throttle only.

You want to go into the L one, or narrow throttle one, and push the right/left arrow until you highlight the section like 2000,

the NE Trottle point will be like 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000 probably.  Just decrease at each point until it stops doing what you don't like.  Or add, whichever way helps it.

youll notice, if your idling, and you start lowering the 1000 on the Lthrottle menu, it will affect your idle.  That means your modifying the right menu.

See, easy huh?

Jeff

bowing.jpg

any other input or resources anyone has please post them up the more the better the way i see it

Pretty much what he said. I have done the same thing, have it idling, and played with it to raise and lower it. I'd say let it warm up to operating temp, and then see if you can smooth it out.

Was the unit used when you got it (does it have someone elses settings)? If it was new, it shouldn't be affecting your idle at all if it is running flat, and you should look for the true cause of the problem instead of bandaging it up.

no it was new, I already have the other problems im sure are effecting it somewhat on the chopping block for next weekend starting thursday i'll be doing a crap load of maintainence.. adjusting the vafc will only come after all that is done. Litterally the last thing on the list well second to last to drinking beer.

Back