vtec engagement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dark91zc

how do i make vtec kick or engage harded or pop??

in some cars vtec puts you in the seat when it engage or tranfers from low to high cam how do i make my y8/zc do that?

Originally posted by Dark91zc@Jul 5 2005, 11:44 PM
in some cars vtec puts you in the seat when it engage or tranfers from low to high cam how do i make my y8/zc do that?
[post=521247]Quoted post[/post]​

is VTEC even engauging?

and I understand where Pissed is coming from after the day he has had with some co-wokers.

New Cams.....thats the only thing i can think of that would do something like that. VTEC is just the feeling of the intake being lengthened.

Originally posted by n1mr0d@Jul 5 2005, 08:47 PM
is VTEC even engauging?
and I understand where Pissed is coming from after the day he has had with some co-wokers.
[post=521249]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: Either your not feeling it because its not kicking in or you got used to feeling the pull of a DOHC motor when VTEC kicks in from another ride. The pull from VTEC in a SOHC compared to a DOHC is pretty minimal. Just my opinion though B)

When VTEC 'pops' as you so succinctly put it, it is because there is a big dip in the power before VTEC engages. This is a bad thing. What you want is a linear powerband. Although a linear powerband is not something you can brag to yo boyZ about y0.

i am looking into a cam. this is the cam i am looking at Stage 1 - Features far more agressive ramp rate then stock with added duration.
Excellent for turbo and nitrous.
Idle to 7200+ rpm.
292 / 302 228 / 208 406 / 385

http://crower.com/cat/import/honda/cams/d16y.shtml

would this be a good cam

and when i was reffering to the pop in vtec the only dohc car i have been in is the 03 rsx type s i want my vtec to sound like that :) but i doubt it will happen. besides my intake sounded deeper with the z6 bottomend, the zc is not as loud but i have more compression than the z6. thanks guys i thought there was something electrical i can do. thanks everyone :)

Back