Vtec Not Working!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattcalica

k, i swapped in a b16a in my 2nd gen integra and i hooked everything up...knock sensor, vtec solenoid, oil pressure sensor...and the ecu is not throwing ANY codes, but my car will not HOLD vtec...i can feel the vtec kick in at about 6000 rpm but for some reason, it just stops...the car will not rev past 6000 rpm. can someone PLEASE tell me why the hell the car will not hold the vtec? any info will be appreciated.

is it hitting a rev limit? like a fuel cut? or actually switching back to the low cam at 6K rpm?

it sounds like its hitting some kinda limiter...like it just will NOT rev past 6...i am using a pr3 ecu, so the OBD's are the same...idk what the hell it is...can you think of anything that i should check?

maybe the car is so damn heavy the torqueless wonder cant pull the thing. thats y they put 1.8 in the first place. if anything u slowed it down

lol

Originally posted by farmer_jason@Feb 6 2003, 10:49 PM
maybe the car is so damn heavy the torqueless wonder cant pull the thing. thats y they put 1.8 in the first place. if anything u slowed it down

lol

personally i cant imagine that cause i've seen b16 powered integras do some damage... yeah it had a few extras in the direction of ALL MOTOR in a 95 body style... but it was still in full trim and he was respectable at 13 second passes about 3 years ago...

yah farmer jason, thats why a friend of mine is doin 11.1's with his b16 powered integra. because the b16 is a torqueless wonder...dumbass, the jdm integras all came with this motor, so if you aint got nothing helpful to say, please, leave your dumbass comments to yourself.

and i wonder y they changed em to b18's fagget
lippu28s.jpg

wow, you are brilliant...so would you like me to change my car over to obd1 and change my tranny to hydro for an additional 20 horsepower and a motor that cost about 1,000 dollars more? riiiiiigt. i bought my motor for 400 bucks...so to me, this was the best choice...and since this asshole got me so off topic, once again, to the people who know a little something about cars, please, help me out...

Back