VW turbos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
What do you guys think of VW/Audi turbos. And if I bought one could I buy a T3 manifold, and a T3 flange and weld it on to the VW/Audi flange. Or would i have to get a custom manifold.

it would probly be better to reverse that buy a VW/AUDI flange and turbo and weld the flange to a T3 hedder cuz cast iron doesnt weld very good.

O I forgot now I have a couple of other questions?

I have a LS, planning to turbo it at about 8 psi, looking to get at least 250 whp on stock internals, will I still need injectors and pump, or am I good to go with an intercooler, piping, BOV, manifold, FMU and turbo. Also should I buy hondata for tuning?Will this make it so I won't need to buy an FMU?

Also what would you expect my 1/4 times to be with this set up? It will all be custom.

i bet your times will be faster than they are right now... maybe....

if you go with hondata you will not need an FMU, you will however need bigger injectors if you really want to reach 250 whp. you should also consider buying the boost option w/ hondata.

if you have a V-dub turbo already you could have a machine shop fabricate one out of a 3/4" steel block I dont know if they would want to tho you would have to ask them

I think I'll probably be better off trying to weld a T3 flange on the turbo itself. Im sure it will be able to hold 8 psi.

good I'm not late for class the grammar teacher got here after me, thank god we can't have bad fuckin grammar what would we do with out you. <_<

or save a couple bucks and don't buy the shitty little VW turbo. The little K03 they run is hardly worth the metal used to manufacturer it. Buy a t03/t04E (same as T3/T4hybrid, but 3 inch compressor inlet as opposed to 2.5). Then show some VW what the f**k is up!

-Brian

hahaha, I went out and bought a t3 last week, VW turbos arent worth the money but for what i paid ($50), it wasnt wasted, I'll give it to a friend with a hyundai elantra, he defenitly could use it.

Back