Want Opinion on Speakers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well on weds or thurs i am getting a sound system installed. I have already 2 10inch JL's in their cutom boxes in my room. I also have the amp and a deck. I was wondering what brand would be be best for my 99 Si? I have heard good things about pioneer, kicker, audiobahn, and alpine. Which is worth the money....most bang for the buck?

I am personaly a Rockford fosgate fan, i know alot of poineer and kenwood was junk as far as speakers go not sure about there latest. And as far as infinity gos i have not heard much but the few things i have heard were good. Rockford fosgate is just best for the price, i have had 2 12" XLC fosgates and they were bad ass then i got one 12" DVC "HE2" fosgate and the one HE2 hit as hard as the 2 XLC's and still had room for more amp. I love Rockford fosgate.

yeah the HE's with just enoguh amp (not to much not to little) would make you happy im sure thoguhi would aim for at least the XLC's. see the thing is you should be able to find xlc's 12" for 100$ or less, you can find so called 400w 12" speakers all day long for 100 or less but fosgates wont fall apart as long as there treated right they should last at least 5 years pounding daily. and i only say 5 years cause all speakers get worn out but they would last way long then that even im sure there just made real well you can be sure you get what you pay for.

i have kenwood excelon speakers and they blow away anything i have ever had before.

for subs, im a rockford fan.

for mids/highs, id go with either infiniti or alpine. good stuff.

amp.... i have a concept 350 that has lasted through so much use and abuse. unbelievable.

I'd go infinity or alpine or if you want to spend the extra which is the biggest step up would be Focal's IMO.

Infinity Kappa Perfects is what I'll only be using in my next vehicle due to its awesome low price and its abliity to just blare.

In my car now I have pioneer 6x9's and they aren't that great, not clear at all, get all distorted, and in the doors some kicker 5.25's and they are very clear, and can handle the watts, just aren't as loud as I wished.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2464199192

these speakers are what i have, some of the sweetest highs i have ever heard. Make sure you get a decent amp to power them though, if you plan on running them off the head unit power, you may be disappointed.

I have an eclipse 150 x2 amp, and when the volume is turned up with a dj caffeine track in, the hi hat is almost painful :)

69_1.JPG

EXCELLENT especially for the price

I had alpine type r components in my old car, and I honestly can't notice a difference in sound quality between the two

Go w/ infinity... and i dont think he was looking for new subs... but if you are go w/ jl or infinity perfects.... and what exactly are you looking for?? sq or spl?? if your going sq go infinity...

welpers. i'm guessin you mean mids or highs? for bling, i'd probably go with kicker res, or infin, or even the new jbl stuff. Image dynamics makes good shiza, but its a lil on the more spencive side. that crystal stuff is good too, the ebay link. Morel, crystal, focal, rainbow....all serious companys, but also serious money. subs? personally, i dont care to much for RF unless you go with power HE2's but then again, ima spl guy mostly. L7 10's are loud and sound good. Image dynamics makes IDQ's they sound awesome and are prety loud too. i'd go ID or Kappa Perfect. For quality and loud.

i'm a die hard JBL user- I'm sure it helps that my dad worked for the company for 15 years, but i think they're products are really really good for the money- my girly has their 6.5" component setup in the integra and it sounds so friggin good- crystal clear highs and good mids- much better the pioneer 3 ways i left in the back of the car- that's just my .02 though-

s40173f671d52e.jpg

rockford and JBL own my old preludes trunk :thumbsup:

there are many good names out there. Most of them posted are great as well. Rockford was posted a lot and they are great for subs and you say you have them so i would go away from that. There mids and highs are very expensive to get a decent pair, not expensive compared to like diamond audio because those are very very good. now i would go with a pair of infinity perfect 6 1/2 componets if it was me ( i just bought a pair and havent heard anything sound so good and throught the entire sound spectrum) they arent the most expensive pair out there but they arent cheap either.as well as the do need an amp to get them to their potential, they dont need all that much power. The reason i dont say go with the lower end models is because its like buying a lexus with no features when you can get a fully loaded toyota just because of the name your paying all this extra money that in reality gets you less.

imo rockford are shit

jl, infinity, and as much as i hate to say it, audiobahn are the best brands out now imo

I've got MB Quarts now and there awsome, but if I had to choose again I'd do A/D/S all the way.

what's up i'm new to the high performance thing but as far as stereo's go i've heard it all and i think it depends on what your looking for sq or spl no matter what infinity sound great for sq and spl if you want tweeters to i like kicker nd 13's or 25's fosgate sound great to but for alittle more money go with infinity

Fosgate SUCKS ASS, they are cheap shit. The only two worthy brands out there are alpine and JL.

Back