was this anybody on here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
Cops clock man driving 137 mph in '93 Honda Civic

GREENVILLE, N.Y. -- State police have ticketed an upstate New York man for driving more than twice the 65-mph speed limit on an interstate highway. Troopers said a 21-year-old man was clocked doing 137 mph on Interstate 84 in Orange County on Tuesday. He was pulled over in the westbound lanes near Exit 2 in the town of Greenville, on the New Jersey border 60 miles northwest of New York City.
Troopers said the man was driving a 1993 Honda Civic.
The man was ticketed for speeding, reckless driving and having vehicle windows with illegal tint.
He's due to appear in Greenville Town Court on Feb. 25.
There was no telephone listing for the man.

I probanly know who it was if they were from PA, thats right near the area where I went to HS. And they'd have been in my class given the age.

i did about 138 in my b16 coupe and it scared the shit out of me. it started to get "floaty"....

Ya 140 in my B16 coupe and same floaty feeling here. Needs stronger suspension! Regardless, my Y21 trans tops out in gear ratio at ~150, which isn't that fast IMO.

But it's not really fun going that fast in a torque-less car. You have to cover 2 miles to reach 150.... I'd rather go fast for the type of roads I'm on, as in limited by corners so I'm not maxing my car out.

the G has a great amount of hp and tq. i got it going pretty fast on a carpool lane one night around 2am. 5 lanes wide and no traffic.

not sure why he stopped? heh, 2 more exist, he was across state lines. dip some back rounds, hide out for a while, head home a different way :)

of course, i probably would have stopped too, cuz i'm a big pussy :p

when i am speeding and see a cop, i assuming he is going to come after me. i don't "run", but i'll go to the next exit and go to a gas station before he can catch up.

yea, he really was close to NJ
do 12771 if you want to see it on google maps
the greenville google defaults to is towards albany

he could have just kept hopping between NY, NJ and PA

yea, he really was close to NJ
do 12771 if you want to see it on google maps
the greenville google defaults to is towards albany

he could have just kept hopping between NY, NJ and PA
then hed probably get beaten by a cop and thrown in the pen.

i used to always assume that cops are coming after me too, then one day i realized that they NEVER do.

I got my old Stanza Hatchback up above 120mph when I was a young lad. Thing was so old it still said Nissan/Datsun on the back. I loved that car. I finally cracked the engine block. Used to drive it down Newbury street in Boston belching white clouds of smoke onto those rich bitch latte loving blankity blanks. It was like spyhunter smoke screen action. It was glorious. I cried when the tow truck took it away... and i was like 25 or something...

My crx would get floaty feeling around 120, but then it would firm back up 130+. Was odd.

My crx would get floaty feeling around 120, but then it would firm back up 130+. Was odd.
air does weird things as you get to higher speeds, and is about the only time that giant wing might do something.

also, if you see a cop, don't slam on your brakes, keep a constant speed. Slamming on the brakes is an admission of guilt, and usually useless.

Last edited:
when i am speeding and see a cop, i assuming he is going to come after me. i don't "run", but i'll go to the next exit and go to a gas station before he can catch up.
Thats a good way of putting it....its always a plan I use just dip down a street and if they say anything just say I wanted to get off the main road for your protection.

I've had my civic to 125. I just don't like pushing boost on stock internals for long periods of time at high rpm's. I have no doubt it will tach out at 160:D. Now my maxima on the other hand, has seen 140.

Back