Weight of rims

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolReaver

Im looking at some 17 inch rims, with tires they are 37 lbs each. Is this ridiculously heavy? Im getting a good price on them, but i dont want to waste the $ if the rims are going to slow my car down drastically. And yes, i read the article on unsprung weight :) I just want to get an idea of what the typical 17 inch wheel and tire weighs.

37lb's... good lord, what are they chrome? My 17's only weigh 21lbs. And 21lbs is concidered heavy! Go to our wheel weight in the reference section!

hes saying with tires though...

but still dude...
heavy 17s = bling bling ghetto gagster G ridah

get some nice and light 15s or 16s like rotas or volk or racing hart, or blah blah.

15s wheel weight= 10 - 14lbs
16s wheel weight= 11 - 16lbs

anymore than that, and they are heavy in my book.
any less than that, and god damn i wish i was as rich as you :)

My 17's aint no bling bling g ridah's! I just like how they filled in the wheel gap all around the fenders! Not only at the top! But I do eventually plan on getting some rotas also for the track!

still gunna be bad for acceleration cuz the rotational mass is further from the center axis point therefore takeing more energy to rotate

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 30 2002, 02:59 AM
still gunna be bad for acceleration cuz the rotational mass is further from the center axis point therefore takeing more energy to rotate

good call, but in less words it's

moment of inertia

Originally posted by knowledge@Oct 29 2002, 03:58 AM
My 17's aint no bling bling g ridah's! I just like how they filled in the wheel gap all around the fenders! Not only at the top! But I do eventually plan on getting some rotas also for the track!

word, i love my 17's and weighing in at 16lbs a rim isn't too shabby, i defy the laws of physics :spin:

Back