Well, guys, say hello to my new toy...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bit the bullet and bought a Cessna 172 this weekend. I haven't had much time to enjoy it yet, and don't have pics online yet because I don't have intarnet at home, and my work PC doesn't have any drive on it at all- no 3.5 or CD... So, you'll just have to wait.

*edit- here's a few pics... not MY plane, but one just like it:
cessna_172.jpg

What the dash looks like for those that don't know how much is involved in flying:
cessna%20172%20cutlass%20rg%201981%20panel%202.jpg

:woo: holy shit, you bought a plane? i thought you said they were incredible expensive to maintain when you include the cost of hanger, fuel, tuning etc- oh well, i hope it works out man- good luck :)

Yeah, I was sitting around this weekend and just said fuck it, and bought it. New, they're terribly expensive, but I got a good deal on mine.

i think i see a boost gauge!!!!

:D

Fly down here dude. Johnny cake mtn airport is 10 min from my house and does small planes like that =0

heh... Did you know that while the C172 is not rated for inverted flight, they make no mention of a positive G loading during inverted flight. :D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 16 2004, 09:39 AM
Although, a TGIO-540 and a MacCauly constant speed would be sweet in this plane.

:roll: Cessna Rice-Ing at it's finest... :roll:

Congrats on the new toy......we will diffenately need to go up together...I still need like 26 hours for my private.

I had made the same plan, but I wanted to finish this year out with only cars.....I had plans next year to get my ass back to school, and get everything up to commercial pilots lic....since my company will foot the bill,...but I was going to get an old 310 Aztec...until I saw the AD on the spars, then I was thinking of just getting a Duke....why go with one engine...when twins are funner....hehe

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 16 2004, 09:47 AM
heh... Did you know that while the C172 is not rated for inverted flight, they make no mention of a positive G loading during inverted flight. :D

Dont press your luck....until you do the annual...and if you have inspected every rivit and cable...

if your A&P is not current, then fly down here, and I'll help you out on the aircraft maintence...

That reminds me......I need to go get my IA, so I can do your annuals.... :lol:

No, my A&P isn't current, and won't be again. I've forgotten too much and would have to go back to school again.

I joke about positive loading while inverted, but I have done it before in a C150- just a nice easy +2G barrel roll.

Loco do you have your pilots license yet ?

also there's meriden markam airport about 10 from my home as well.

you should start a hondswap charter flights lol.

Hondaswap Air. :)

I've been flying since I was 14 (I'm 26 now), and soloed on my 16th birthday.

It's rude to ask how much something costs. I didn't buy it new, but close to it. As for the run... only if we're overloaded with Acupoco Gold. :) Hey, I gotta make it worth my while, y0!

screw "acapulco gold" .....

Id load that sucker up with so much coke you'd be forced to change your name to Cocoa Honkey :D

Back