What do you guys tip bar tenders?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Who gives a fuck how hot the bartender is? I do, but not when it comes to tips. Usually, the hot bartender gets big tips as a regular. Sooooo, if I tip her three bucks, a shrug is the best result. Being that I used to work in the service environment, I tip a dollar a drink, pretty much every time. This is regardless of looks, since ugly girls need love too :ph34r: . I don't do ugly girls, but almost every ugly girl has a hot friend, and they all love me. Don't hate, appreciate. :p

As it is, I have a girl, but I still tip.

I just hate to see a guy tip $5 for a girl with big titties. Been there done that, tapped that keg. Bishes ain't got shit on me. I do love twins. :lol: :lol:

Well personaly i think tippings bull shit. People get payed to do a job! Do you tip the guy the puts the cake in your urinal that makes it smell oh so good when you go to piss?........no........why? Cause he gets paid set wage for doing a set job. a waiter waits a bar tnder tends and bust boys bust...........its that simple. If some one is tottaly going out of there way to make sure you happy coo, throw um a tip other wise tipping is just a thing of the past when waiters use to make jack shit> It bacame comon because they were not paid shit, now theres a thing called minimum wage. You take it or you leave it or you find the same job that pays more. Basicly why tip some one for doing there job? As i said if some one gos out of thre way.....fine other wise.........pay days friday ;) although if a place is fuckin crowded as fuck and your still geting bad ass service only because the waiter/waitress is busting there ass then tip. But other wise give up the outdated tipping thing. Inless you think they will spit in your food next time around!

Your an idiot........ waitresses don't even make minimum wage. Tips are supposed to make up the difference in their pay. You can't compare the restaurant/service industry to other jobs.

UDT Posted on Apr 4 2004, 09:29 AM
Well personaly i think tippings bull shit. People get payed to do a job! Do you tip the guy the puts the cake in your urinal that makes it smell oh so good when you go to piss?........no........why? Cause he gets paid set wage for doing a set job. a waiter waits a bar tnder tends and bust boys bust...........its that simple. If some one is tottaly going out of there way to make sure you happy coo, throw um a tip other wise tipping is just a thing of the past when waiters use to make jack shit> It bacame comon because they were not paid shit, now theres a thing called minimum wage. You take it or you leave it or you find the same job that pays more. Basicly why tip some one for doing there job? As i said if some one gos out of thre way.....fine other wise.........pay days friday although if a place is fuckin crowded as fuck and your still geting bad ass service only because the waiter/waitress is busting there ass then tip. But other wise give up the outdated tipping thing. Inless you think they will spit in your food next time around!

Ok dude, you're seriously retarded. Lots of waiters and waitresses still are "not paid shit." A lot of them don't make minimum wage, and they rely on tips to make up the rest of their earnings; that's how it's supposed to work, otherwise their employers wouldn't be allowed to pay them less than minimum wage.

You should always leave your servers a tip; the only time I would consider stiffing someone is if their particular service (not the restaraunt or bar's service overall) was horrible. And even then, I would probably just leave a smaller tip than I normally would. If they want better tips, than they can improve their service.

And as far as the question posed at the beginning of the thread...I usually leave anywhere from 50 cents to a buck for a beer, usually a buck or two for anything else...

I hate how some restaurants add 15% to your bill for large parties. You have to expect with a larger party that you aren't going to get as good service as if there were only two people but there are times where the service is unbelievably horrible and you are stuck tipping 15%.
I agree with tab on the hot bartender thing. Its stupid as hell to tip a lot of money, unless you actually have a chance of hitting it that night its not worth it.

foodwise I tip = 20%
Drinking at the bar = anywhere from 20-well over 100%

Reason I say over 100% well, some places that I go to I know the tenders there - so the example goes, one night of drinking with roughly 6 beers and a couple shots and my bill comes out to be 10 bucks. So I usually leave the amount that I would have spent anyways.

Originally posted by UDT@Apr 4 2004, 09:29 AM
Well personaly i think tippings bull shit. People get payed to do a job! Do you tip the guy the puts the cake in your urinal that makes it smell oh so good when you go to piss?........no........why? Cause he gets paid set wage for doing a set job. a waiter waits a bar tnder tends and bust boys bust...........its that simple. If some one is tottaly going out of there way to make sure you happy coo, throw um a tip other wise tipping is just a thing of the past when waiters use to make jack shit> It bacame comon because they were not paid shit, now theres a thing called minimum wage. You take it or you leave it or you find the same job that pays more. Basicly why tip some one for doing there job? As i said if some one gos out of thre way.....fine other wise.........pay days friday ;) although if a place is fuckin crowded as fuck and your still geting bad ass service only because the waiter/waitress is busting there ass then tip. But other wise give up the outdated tipping thing. Inless you think they will spit in your food next time around!

eh...it's been covered before, but waitresses make anywhere from 2-3 dollars an hour. Now if you have good service from them are you just going to completely fucking screw them out of any money?

Also I bet you ask for exact change back when you order a pizza for delivery? I hate people that do that...i have to stand there in 30 degree weather with wind blowing in my face counting out your pathetic 53 cents in change because you're too fucking cheap.

I hate cheap people.

not old enough to go to bars, and if they fuck up once, like forget about me or forget the salsa, as soon as they do that, the tip starts going down. On a 25-35 dollar ticket I tip 5-6 dollars. Is that fair? I know here in Missouri it's 15% gratuity (sp?).

here at school its way to easy to get served when you are underage. be it you have a fake ID or a wristband from a previous night that you just taped back together, lol. im 19 and i can go to the bar and get served all night long, as long as you got the band your good to go. they know you have a fake but they dont care. even if you dont have a fake, just go up to the bar and get your friend to get you something, they just look the other way cause they arent serving you directly.

but on the topic of tipping, i really only go to the bar when its free drinks anyway, which is like 1-2 times a week. even then i dont go more then like once every 2 weeks or so. so i get there, pay my 5 dollar cover, and get free drinks all night long. you tend to get better service when you give them like a dollar each time you want a drink. my friend usually just gives em a 5 and they take care of him for the rest of the night.

i love college.

Maryland servers are paid $2.38 an hour that is a job where you will never get a raise

keep in mind uncle sam knows you're making tips so not only do we get our paychecks taxed for state/fed/ss we also get taxed for tips

if you're a really good server you can sometimes get a 3 dollar paycheck or in some cases have to pay out your paycheck would be -$7.32

my old paychecks if they were $300 bucks I would see about $100-120 of it after tax
that is working at 2.38 PLUS 8 an hour for when I was up at counter thats why it's so high in the first place

thats right I lost 70-80% of my paycheck to TAX

so when you stiff a server a tip WE PAY FROM OUR POCKET for the tax that uncle same puts on the total sales

lets say MR Joe Blow waits tables and makes $7.00 an hour
why should he put in that extra effort to make things that much better for you guys? even if he fucks shit up and forgets half the order he still gets paid or if he slacks and never refills you why should he worry hes not getting tiped he gets his set pay so service WILL SUCK trust me it will

now when making tips servers have try and be the best they can so they can get the best tip from their table we try that much harder to make sure things are perfect
I've been waiting tables for 4 years half my tables I can have the drinks ready for them before they even sit down I make mad tips VS the other servers why is that? becuase I bust my ass and know my tables Im on top of things from drinks to prebusing

If I don't clear an AVG of 25% over the whole day tips wise based off my total sales then I did not have a good day

I waited tables for 5 hours the other day and made 105 bucks IMO it was a bad day I had a lot of high tips but a few tables were cheap bastards so my tips total was around 20% for the day

most of our servers do around 17-18%

wait staff make like $2.99 an hour at most places. if you don't tip, they make $30 a week

Originally posted by jeffie7+Apr 4 2004, 01:34 AM-->
@Apr 4 2004, 01:14 AM
tip? hmmm... most every time i go to the bar/club... the people treat me like crap... so i dont give them any $$.... im not even sure why they are like that....

gee I wonder why :angry:

you guys have to understand I make a living off tips myself but not drink tips

just keep in mind if you do go out anywhere plan to tip

don't be a cheap bastard thats what your home is for

whoa, calm down buddy... dont take that the wrong way... when im out dineing, its a whole different story....

if the service was great i'll tip pretty high(once tiped $25 for a $45 dinner)... min for me is around $4

im talkin about the stuck up non polite bartenders around here....

Look at it this way... Service is great = great tip
Service is good = good tip
Service is poor = usually no tip at all

Originally posted by ChrisSiR@Apr 4 2004, 07:38 PM

Look at it this way... Service is great = great tip
Service is good = good tip
Service is poor = usually no tip at all

if it's that bad you should leave them a 10% tip and talk to the manager

not out here in cali. I will say if people are making that and relying on tipping fine cause that puts it back to how it was. so to all you numb nuts who talked shit, pull you head out of oyur ass's. The whole thing was about people who get paid a set amount (minimum wage) you know what a job intails when you get into it and then you find out how much they want to pay its eather you willing to work for what they offer or not. If your wages are based on tipping then its different.

thats how I make my money as well. I work a good 5 hour shift sat and sunday nights I make 5.15 an hour... wow, 25 dollars!!!

The real money is in my tips & delivery charges, on a good night I take anywhere from 15-20 deliveries, at 75 cents a run plus tips. This his included into my tips and is tax free. I made 68 tips/charges on sat and 46 in tips/charges tonight.

Without that I would get a paycheck for 300 bucks every two weeks. You should agree with me that that kinda pay is absolutely shitty. I can't afford that, if you don't tip bartenders, waiters or delivery guys like me, you're pretty much screwing them...I don't care if they're making a set wage that "should" cover it in your eyes, tips are how they make their money. I have two houses and a trailor park that I pretty much refuse to go to becuase I've been screwed so many times.

Yeah udt is just trying to cover up for his asshat comments. If he would have explained himself well enough to begin with, no one would have flamed his dumbass. Don't be an asshole. I find it hard to believe that all bartenders and busboys/waitresses etc. would treat him like shit for no reason at all. If they do, then maybe he's the one with the problem.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Apr 5 2004, 01:22 AM
Yeah udt is just trying to cover up for his asshat comments. If he would have explained himself well enough to begin with, no one would have flamed his dumbass. Don't be an asshole. I find it hard to believe that all bartenders and busboys/waitresses etc. would treat him like shit for no reason at all.  If they do, then maybe he's the one with the problem.

no ones treated me like shit and i didnt sya anything about any one tratinng any one like shit. You the ass hat and i did explain my self one f the fucktard didnt read it the first time so i had to brake it down a lil more for his ass. Alot of people make minimumwage and dont get tipped what makes a waitress better then a janitor or a kid that changes tires? you guys are the ass hats if you cant see what im driving it. Tipping is a lost cause. and tohe stupid comments here go to show why. None of you know WHY* titpping started.

and sol your just pissed cause you drive a burnt out 240

Once again, people whos wages revolve around tips.....fine others with minimum wage EXPECTING tips is bull, if you decide this person did good at what they do be it change a tire or bring a soda to your table and you wanna show them your glad they did a good job find bur that person should not expect shit nor should htere be a minimum like 15% what ever a person sees fit.

Oh yeah, by the way you trolls can take your shit else where, no one talked any shit till you guys opend your mouths. It was just opinion's

I worked at a restaurant when I was 15... Not really a waiter, not really a bus boy... You order your food at the register and go sit down, and we would bring it to you, and clean up afterwards. So I guess a little of both.
The biggest tip I ever got was $20, the smallest was "You probably want a tip, don't ya... Ok, 'Don't chew aluminum'" <_<

keep in mind uncle sam knows you're making tips so not only do we get our paychecks taxed for state/fed/ss we also get taxed for tips

Please don't tell me you're the only guy in the country that actually claims ALL their tips...

my old paychecks if they were $300 bucks I would see about $100-120 of it after tax
that is working  at 2.38 PLUS 8 an hour for when I was up at counter thats why it's so high in the first place

thats right I lost 70-80% of my paycheck to TAX

Unless you scan a pay stub with the sensitive info blanked out, I won't believe this; the highest tax bracket is 57%, and that's for the high rollers, not some schmoe making $10.38/ hr. Back when I was making $15.50/ hr out in OR, I was only taxed 16.7%, state and fed combined.

I waited tables for 5 hours the other day and made 105 bucks IMO it was a bad day I had a lot of high tips but a few tables were cheap bastards so my tips total was around 20% for the day 

most of our servers do around 17-18%

I don't really care what you do for work, but if it sucks so bad and is oh so hard, why do it? Get another goddamn job!

Back