What Is An Lsd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Hey, I heard some people talk about using and LS tranny with an LSD for FI applications. Now I see that the LS tranny is wider and thus better for a turbo setup, but what is an LSD?

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Jan 6 2003, 01:18 AM
Hey, I heard some people talk about using and LS tranny with an LSD for FI applications. Now I see that the LS tranny is wider and thus better for a turbo setup, but what is an LSD?

LSD= Limited Slip Differential, highly recommended for FWD cars...puts power to both wheels, thus increasing traction. A way to tell if you have it or not, is to jack your car up and rotate one of the wheels forward, if the other one rotates in the same direction, then you, lucky man, have a LSD in your tranny!

ahhhhh, I know what limited slip diff is. Just never put 2n2 together and saw the acronim. Pretty bad for someone in the military, acro's are our fortey. Anyway thnkx :worthy:

What were you thinking, Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds? :lol:

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 6 2003, 11:49 AM
What were you thinking, Lucy in the Sky with Dimonds? :lol:

dunno, read it a thousand times and it never clicked, must have drank that braincell.

Back