What Is The Absolute Best Engine For A 92 Civic Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AraCerE

I am new to the import car scene and I am about to buy a 92 Civic Si-R....It already has a DOHC VTEC engine in it.........I was wondering what would be the absloute best motor that I can put in it and money is no abject.

Thanks,
A ra C er E

Best stock motor would probably be B20Vtec. Best motor would be a B1c5 Type R with sleeved bottom end, forged internals, and ported head with all the stronger internalss.

He said whats the best motor, of course I could build a better motor, but H22 is the best motor platform, you can't argue. The best built motor would be CRVTEC/T with a Type R head. And there is no B20VTEC stock motor, it's a hybrid motor.

I must agree with some of the guys and say the B18C1 is probably the best stock motor for all around performance to throw in there but you are restricted a little. What I mean is that the R-spec motors are already pretty well designed and put together and you probably won't be able to get too much more out of it.
However, I believe the biggest bang for the buck is the H22 but there is a small weight issue(a cf hood and battery relocation should fix), and you have to beef up your suspension a bit. Still worth getting but don't expect to be Michael Andretti with an H22.

-Why are you trying to swap out the engine??? You already have a Dual cam Vtec motor, save the money you will spend on a new motor and just build on it or slap a turbo on it.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 11 2003, 01:58 PM
-Why are you trying to swap out the engine??? You already have a Dual cam Vtec motor, save the money you will spend on a new motor and just build on it or slap a turbo on it.

Same thing I was thinking. Just build up your existing engine. If you want to stay NA but still want trq. buy a ITR bottom end on that head. You already have a sweet engine and there is no reason to swap it out.

Back