What Is The Best Header For Civic Si 1999

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

quick_civic

hey im looking at parts for my car and i was wondering what is the best header for the 1999 civic si... I want the best performance header but yet street legal.. It is my every day driver. So if you could just give me some good header brands that would be cool. Thanks

SMSP is pretty much the best one you can get
DC is pretty much crap
they are ok for mild tuning
but they are FAR from the best shit out there
they are popular cuz they are inexpensive and available EVERYWHERE
just cuz a lot of people run it does not mean its the best shit out there

E_Sol, you know i've never heard of SMSP. Please do tell more. Do you have any specs or pics, even possibly a link.

I've always liked eom Honda stuff better than any aftermarket and IMO it gives your engine bay a cleaner look.

3011smsp_header-med.jpg

email this guy ... he is the one who makes them:
smsproducts@earthlink.net.

That looks nice i think i will look into them. thanks for the help

Is there any headers that are within $400-600 that is my price range with a header and what is the best one for that price range? Thanks

comptech header's are the best for the price.

Hy-Tech. Expect to pay almost as much as you did for your car, but you will not gain more hp and tq from any other header. CTR is a good header for a B16.
A little cheaper is the IB JG Edelbrock modified header, added 16hp to the wheels. I don't know how much they are, probably a lot. DC Sports ceramic coated are good cheap headers though.

i cant actually compare the two... i have not run the SMSP
i have the JDM ITR header its badass
my next header will most likely be the SMSP or the HyTech
the reviews ive heard and seen of both are very good... i have not seen any header produce better gains

for under $500 i would recomend the JDM ITR or the Comptech

for higher budgets i would recomend either the SMSP or HyTech (expect to pay $1000+)

Back