What Is The Fastest Car You've Ever Driven?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like how REX-YUM did his list, so i'll do the same:

1. 2000 Mustang Cobra R
2. 2002 BMW M3 w/ SMG tranny(not the fastest but one of the quickest)
3. 199? Mazda RX-7
4. 2003 Mustang Cobra
5. 2002 Chevy Corvette
6. 2002 Ford Lightning

I used to work at a Ford dealership so I've had plenty of seat time in the Ford cars and trucks and a few used cars that were on the lot. All of the cars I mentioned were stock for the exception of the M3, it has a Hamman exhaust system on it. The car belongs to my brother-in-laws brother.

i hate to burst your bubble onefast... but you said a 383 bored to a 424? come on dude, know what you're talkin about before you say something like that.

1995 Nissan SE-R Turbo - 12.4's
2000 Civic Si - 13.8
2000 Mustang Cobra R - Test Drive :)
1980 Chevy Corvette - Old Man's
2000 Honda S2000 - Test Drive - Not Fast Enough
19xx - Lotus 7 - Motorcycle with 4 wheels haha

I'm Sure there are more, I just dont remember them all.

I've driven too many fast cars to count as I work at the Bellstand at the Marriott, driving/parking cars. Some of the faster ones were a Porsche Carrera, Acura NSX (fast, but not 90k fast), Viper, misc. BMW's and Audi's, and a Nissan 350Z :p

My ex-girlfriend's dad's 99 M5.

Riverside to Torrance in a little over 15 mins on the 91 fwy @ 2am in the morning
thats roughly 45 or so miles.....

my friend's '68 Chevelle...427ci...1/4 mile was high 11/low 12 seconds.....HOWEVER :p with me behind the wheel (the few passes i got to make) it didn't quite get into the 12's. best run i had in it was a low-to-mid 13. whenever i left the line i'd lift off the throttle for fear of painting the guard rail!!!! that thing would torque over and i'd be like :eek: OH SHIT!!! *lift* LMAO good times!! :beer:

my dad's 89 vette with some goodies in it. I would give others head starts coming off an on ramp, let them go, and just sling shot by at 100+ in a few seconds

On another note, my friend drove a brand new m3 (he knows the president of BMW america's son) chipped to remove the speed governor. 170 mph down the highway early in the AM. Cop saw them too. They were going so fast, that they just took the next exit and never saw the cop again. hahahah.

my friends 348whp 99 Civic Si with F-Max turbo kit, pretty damn quick

oh yea... forgot lol

porsche gt2 when i worked at a full service car wash (there were plenty of other bad ass rides... but not gt2 bad ass!

my brother's old vette, a 76 L82 stingray, flame orange, munsee close ratio 4 speed, with in the neighborhood of 12 grand in the motor :) (and it was 1 in 164 ;) )

a girls 00' ls teg with faggot body kit and 18 in. rims... she told me it was hella fast.. 17.5 on G-tech ;)

1970 chevelle 454. Haven't dynoed it yet or been on a track but it will melt street tires all day long. Will not hook up on streets. He's gettin som M/T street slicks and a ladderbar/airbag setup to help. It is a sick ass car.

been in but not drove, Top alcohol Funny car....done work on it a few times, I should show you what that thing does to the block when it decides to throw a rod....haha, you can see it on ESPN a few times, its called "HOT PERSUTE". latest run was down in FL, where it trashed the block. it didn't even get into high gear but ran something like a 5.94 @ 240+ all it did was shake a bit going down the track....not a huge blow out or anything....and also the guy who drives it, doesn't like imports...I can see his point about how if you do the same thing to a 350 V8 that you would to a inline 4, that the V8 is gonna pull....but I tryed telling him about body weight and what not, but hes stuck on his ways....

Originally posted by machine@Apr 9 2003, 02:31 PM
1970 chevelle 454. Haven't dynoed it yet or been on a track but it will melt street tires all day long. Will not hook up on streets. He's gettin som M/T street slicks and a ladderbar/airbag setup to help. It is a sick ass car.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by machine@Apr 9 2003, 02:31 PM

bout time someone else realizes domestics are using bags to push the rear end down tothe ground. My truck will lay rail and still have kill launches, thanks to my designed 4-link/bag setup :D

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Apr 9 2003, 12:20 PM
i hate to burst your bubble onefast... but you said a 383 bored to a 424? come on dude, know what you're talkin about before you say something like that.

i dont know much about old motors but that is what my dad told me and he has worked on cars for 25 years now, so if you want to complain that you have never heard of that ask him, his name jim meisberger or how about race him for slips

Originally posted by onefastcivic+Apr 9 2003, 06:18 PM-->
BlackJDMdeath
@Apr 9 2003, 12:20 PM

i dont know much about old motors but that is what my dad told me and he has worked on cars for 25 years now, so if you want to complain that you have never heard of that ask him, his name jim meisberger or how about race him for slips

Why did slips come up? Talkn big and bad? wtf?

If its a 350, non-ls1, then fully bored and stroked is, I do believe just under 400 cubes (b/c a 383 stroker is a 350 bored .40 over and uses a 400 crank or you can use a 3.750 stroker crank). a 400 small block fully bored and stroked tops around 433 i think or something like that.

Now, an ls1 350 can be fully bored and stroked to 422 and the 6.0 block can be fully bored and stroked to 454.

i hit 155 mph in my friends supra a few days back.... it's going to be full bpu in a week :D

Originally posted by onefastcivic+Apr 9 2003, 03:18 PM-->
BlackJDMdeath
@Apr 9 2003, 12:20 PM

bro, i hate to take a crack at you but why would you even bring up racing for slips? it's not even your car to begin with. :tfg:
secondly, BlackJDM was right to call you out cuz if don't know what it really is and you're taking someones words and soliciting them then you're just stupid. i hate when people do that. it like saying "my friend stroked his D16Z6 so he can run ITR cams in it." and then when you're called on it, your response is "i'm not sure, i don't know too much about this stuff but that's what he said. he runs a 17-second 1/4 mile, you wanna run him for slips?"...you know what i mean.

BTW- if anyone has a car like the one i described, i will definately run him for slips....hahaha... :D

Back