What Should I Do With My 94 Accord EX

Whatever should I do with this thing?

• Swap an H22 and tranny from a Prelude.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swap an H22 and LSD tranny.

• Boost the F22.

• Keep the F22 and upgrade suspension and brakes.

• Sell the damn thing and buy a Prelude with an H22.

• F*ck it all...where's my Snake eyez and stickers

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I say keep the Accord. Maybe I'm just biased. But it's wonderful having a "family car" spank the hell out of a riced-out Civic or lame-ass Mustang. Plus, you do it all in comfort.

I'm a fan of n/a applications, but if boost is your thing, build that F22 for boost. But you may want to stick an H23 tranny on there and get rid of the weak F22 tranny.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 5 2003, 11:10 PM
I'm a fan of n/a applications, but if boost is your thing, build that F22 for boost. But you may want to stick an H23 tranny on there and get rid of the weak F22 tranny.

In my experience boost is either $$$$$ or unreliable or both. NA is the way to be for daily driving reliability (and low end torque). The Accord has a low pork factor, so you don't have to worry about the coppers as bad. I'm pretty sold on the H22 with an LSD, but somehow I seem to have gotten a figure $2k w/LSD tranny stuck in my head. :p

I know what you're saying about the weak F22 tranny. When I first bought the car I did a high-rpm 3rd-5th shift and it ground....bad. When I pulled up to a stop sign, the shifter didn't want to go into neutral. Once there, I went through the gears and it was hesitant...then got stuck in reverse. I was about to give it up and call a tow so I figured...hell...if it's already broken, I may as well wail on it. I gave the shifter a good firm kick from the back seat and it went back into neutral. Hasn't given me any trouble since. :blink:

I don't think it's unreliable if you know what you're doing and build it right, then tune it right. The bad part about that is, you're right about the oodles of $$$. I just don't have that right now, and won't have it for a very long time.

Right on with the low pork factor of the Accord....especially one that isn't riced out. I usually don't get a second look from a cop, even when I'm at a stoplight next to one. Maybe it's because I'm old too. :)

That's weird about the tranny. At least you solved the problem the old-fashioned way. :)

Back