What Should I Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

porkfried83

I have an old D15b7 with 200k on it, sitting in the garage. And I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Don't know if I should keep it for parts for my D16z6, or make a Mini-Me. Also could sell it or part it out. Just thought I would see what someone else might do with it. Feel free to help me make up my mind.

Unless you think you will want to invest $ in this motor..Ditch it.
You might get a 20 spot to scrap it at a steel yard. Steel is up right now.;)

If you don't have a use for it, part it out. Can probably get 100-200 for the block alone on CL/local without having to ship it. Let someone else build it if they want it.

If you don't have a use for it, part it out. Can probably get 100-200 for the block alone on CL/local without having to ship it. Let someone else build it if they want it.
Yeah I'll probably get more money out of it parting it out, thanks B.

I feel like just keeping the lower block, and put my z6 head on it and make a mini me. Sometime and the future. Does anybody know if the z6 oil pan will fit the b7 block? Cause the b7's oil pan has a rust spot that has almost rusted right threw.

you have a steel honda motor? i want one.

Obviously not the block or head. :huh:
I have scrapped entire long blocks...Scrap yards accept them as is.

And no, you dont want a steel honda motor;)

One could only dream to get 100 - 200 for a high mileage d15 on this side.

I feel like just keeping the lower block, and put my z6 head on it and make a mini me. Sometime and the future. Does anybody know if the z6 oil pan will fit the b7 block? Cause the b7's oil pan has a rust spot that has almost rusted right threw.

Thats a good question.. I would think they would be interchangeable.
This is where a measuring tape and a keen eye comes in handy.

Thats a good question.. I would think they would be interchangeable.
This is where a measuring tape and a keen eye comes in handy.

That was my next step if nobody knew if they were interchangeable. Don't know till you try! Thanks

If you're not going to keep it as a spare, just sell it whole. The head isn't that valuable so it would be kind of pointless to separate it; that is unless you can already find a buyer. None of the internal parts really swap over with Z6 either except maybe the oil pump.

Not sure if the pans are the same or different, but as long as you swap the pick-up with the pan, it should work fine.

Z6 would be better since you can actually find cheap aftermarket rods for it; and also has larger rod and main journals.

Yeah, I found some Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods for the D16....that are good for 600hp. Also some High Compression Racing Pistons for the D15 or D16

Back