What To Do?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dirty_kurm

alright... i think a mini me swap is what its called, but anyway, i have a 92 civic with a d15b7 in it. i also have a head off of a d16z6.
what all do i have to do to put the head on the b7 block and get it runnin?
is it worth it?
would i need to run the ecu from the z6?

i havn't done it but i'm positive that you gotta have a z6 headgasket and timing belt (but i'm not completely positive)... and use a p28

Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 10 2003, 02:08 AM
i havn't done it but i'm positive that you gotta have a z6 headgasket and timing belt (but i'm not completely positive)... and use a p28

whats a p28?

i am no mechanic, have to be specific

what about the pistons?
should i swap them also?
rods?or just the pistons?

would it be worth trying????

p28 is a ecu.I would wait to get the exact for sure list of parts and how to before doing it.

If you want to suck all of the hp from this setup as possible. Use the Mugen headgasket and get an extra 10 out of it.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jan 11 2003, 06:32 AM
If you want to suck all of the hp from this setup as possible. Use the Mugen headgasket and get an extra 10 out of it.

i wouldn't have thought u could get that much out of a head gas.
know wher i can get one?
do you all think it would be better to just swap the whole motors?
which could i get more over all power from?
i dont race the car, but like to have it when i want it.
mostly show
either way the head left today, to get ported and polished.
any body know any tricks to getting power out of a head?
i am wanting to keep it pretty cheap though
what would a 3 deg. angle job on the vavles do for me?

all have been appreciated, so far
thanks alot

New valve train,stronger springs,and hotter cams will also be a good addition to your head,but dollar for dollar you'd be better off with swapping a B into there.Even as a more show oriented car,a swap gets more props.Besides the fact that by the time your done with the work you'll get for the price of building a D series,the Bseries will be starting with the same power with no where to go but up.

Back