What Would I Run?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

K im not good with civic times and everything but these are my plans, i was wondering what you think i would run and if its worth it

90 Civic Hatchback
B16A Engine Swap - 1500/Atleast
Good Turbo for it- 1000/Atleast
3" Exhaust- 400/atleast
Intake - 120
50 SHot of nos - 500/atleast

The reason why i put atleast because I know i would have gotten replys from people tellin me my prices are wrong... i want to get good quality parts

I will be runnin 17in rims, and a Black widow body kit. And yes its a 5spd
That will be atleast proly 3K plus into it, proly around 5 or 6k total... and i was wondering what i would be running in the 1/4 mile.
Thanks for your replys!

god is the only person who would know what you would run in the 1/4 mile. your prices are off, do a search on other threads on this forum, do your research. if you want to do 1/4 mile racing, ditch the 17's and put on 15's, the black widow body kit will do nothing for you, if you're going turbo, why do you need an intake? if you want to boost your motor, it could range from $3K - $15K depending on your wallet and ambition

estimating 1/4 miles times is easy if you know complicated math equations, how much you (assuming you're the driver), your car, and the gas in your car weighs and that the amount of HP at the wheels. If you know everything but the complicated math, click on the link below.

how fast will I go?

But according to your list of bolt ons.. you're more worried about what sounds nice than what runs nice. Stop now and do A LOT more research.

turbo:nitro combo :lol: make a decision and stick with it. You're talking about two diferent ways to build a motor and they are mutually exclusive

A 3" exhuast....exhaust diameter is like dick size...bigger sounds better but it ain't the truth.
Okay......bad example.

Anyway, unless you are swapping in a V8, with a 3" exhaust you will loose high RPM power because at some point the exhaust system will stop scavenging the exhaust gases out of the engine and the engine will have to use some ponies to push it out rather than turn the flywheel/tranny/axles/wheel faster

If you expect t pay $120 for an intake, I got one for 119.99 and i'll ship it for free. Unless you mean intake manifold

link doesn't work.

thank god that shit isn't copyrighted because I am stealing those plug ins

copyrighted??!! you mean all the sha-zit posted on the web ain't public domain??!! well @$*k me!!

either way. its all bullshit. traction, tires, waether, elevation, weight of car, coeefircient of drag and so many other factors play into a 1/4 mile time. it can effect it + or - 2 seconds if not more.

Originally posted by apkman@Feb 5 2003, 10:49 PM
estimating 1/4 miles times is easy if you know complicated math equations, how much you (assuming you're the driver), your car, and the gas in your car weighs and that the amount of HP at the wheels. If you know everything but the complicated math, click on the link below.

how fast will I go?

But according to your list of bolt ons.. you're more worried about what sounds nice than what runs nice. Stop now and do A LOT more research.

turbo:nitro combo :lol: make a decision and stick with it. You're talking about two diferent ways to build a motor and they are mutually exclusive

A 3" exhuast....exhaust diameter is like dick size...bigger sounds better but it ain't the truth.
Okay......bad example.

Anyway, unless you are swapping in a V8, with a 3" exhaust you will loose high RPM power because at some point the exhaust system will stop scavenging the exhaust gases out of the engine and the engine will have to use some ponies to push it out rather than turn the flywheel/tranny/axles/wheel faster

If you expect t pay $120 for an intake, I got one for 119.99 and i'll ship it for free. Unless you mean intake manifold

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... :ufucktard:

there are pleanty of cars runnin' turbo and nitrous and it's not two totally differant ways of building an engine. he's on the right track with the 3" exhaust, it's about what you'd want for a turbo'd honda 4 cyl.engine. and your v8 refrence made no sence.

PS: don't buy an intake from this moron.

Originally posted by apkman Posted on Feb 6 2003@ 04:49 AM
Not in a turbo,where exhaust and air are being forced in and out.

Surprisingly, I was at barnes and Noble the other day (a book store for those of you who don't know), and saw a book on tuning hondas. According to PROVEN Dyno testing, all Honda 4 cylinders, run MUCH MUCH better on 2 1/4" I.D. Exhaust piping. Anything more, or anything less lets too much or too little flow. This goes with Boosted motors as well. As for your track times, beleive me, it's almost impossible to calculate that. There are soooo many factors that come into play. Here's an idea..... how about you actually BUY these parts, PUT THEM ON YOUR CAR, and TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!!!!!

Back