Whats Timing Is?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicnos

I am not dum ,but I really dont know what is it and why people are doing it.
I know only one thing that its something to do with cams.
So people help what is it, why do we have to do it, what are we using to do it?
So just tell me every thing that you know about it.
And what if timing is not right then what are u doing?
Sorry for a dum question.
Thanks

Timing is the relation between your camshaft opening the valves and your ignition system burning the air/fuel mixture.You cam gear(s) have up marks on them and your crankpully has timing marks on it.You need to align them according to the manufactures (or aftermarket suppliers part instructions) specifications.

then you also have cam timing, which can be altered w/ adjustable cam gears and that just helps you tune them a little to move your torque curve around your powerband

You need to align them according to the manufactures (or aftermarket suppliers part instructions) specifications.

So were can I get the "align according to the manufactures" for b18c5 and I want just the regular timing the manufacture one.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Mar 9 2003, 11:14 PM
then you also have cam timing, which can be altered w/ adjustable cam gears and that just helps you tune them a little to move your torque curve around your powerband

true... but if you have a dohc engine, and you advance both of your cams by 2 degrees, wouldnt you have just retarded your timing by 2 degrees? please correct me if i'm wrong.

Originally posted by hondacivicnos@Mar 10 2003, 05:28 PM
You need to align them according to the manufactures (or aftermarket suppliers part instructions) specifications.

So were can I get the "align according to the manufactures" for b18c5 and I want just the regular timing the manufacture one.

96 ITR helms. :p

Back