whats vibrating your eardrums?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole last night of the NPR tiny desk concerts while I was canning and preserving garden vegetables. A lot of them are really good. For some reason I was always into Juvenile and a a lot of the beats Mannie Fresh did. Found this and thought it was fantastic lol.

Anybody familiar with this guy?

I've been letting his shit play a lot recently. He's from Norway, and his whole deal is metal covers of pop songs. He's got literally hundreds of them at this point. Usually puts out a new one once per week.

If you watch his videos, he's a little bit theatrical, but amazingly talented and most of the covers are fantastic. I'm probably going to end up buying some.

Yes,been catching stuff from him once in a while for a few years now. His cover of Africa by Toto is one of my favorites.

Dude is certainly talented, and seems to be genuinely having fun.

Yes,been catching stuff from him once in a while for a few years now. His cover of Africa by Toto is one of my favorites.

Yes, that's a great one! And yeah, I agree...looks like he has a lot of fun.

Also, he's one of those guys that can do the growly voice but can also sing, which I respect.

Oh hell yeah. I've seen his stuff- he's awesome!

So i had no idea i was 8 tracks deep into a cover/tribute band until i clicked over to see what's going on in the vid....

Linkin park tribute from Portugal. spot fucking on. If they ever tour here, i'm going.
Luckily, i did get to see LP back in like 00 or 01 i think it was. The HT EP and LP got a LOT of airtime in my del sol. yeah, that one.

edit,
fuck it was family values tour 01 i think

staticX, staind, STP, LP, and some band no one still knows deadsy

fuck i miss being in my 20s again. not because i was young, but because life was better, music was better (at least music the masses listened to to allow arena tours like this).

now, i see bands i like at dive bars. lol

Last edited:
Wow... Saw LP a few times live, including the FV 01 show, but I was at the one in Woostah.
I don't think they did a full hour any of the times I saw them, nevermind damn near 2, that's pretty awesome.
Also really interesting to see a tribute show filling an arena... Not knocking it at all, they do an amazing job, looked like a great show, definitely wish I was there. Just kinda surprised to see how many people are willing to go see a tribute band.
Great find, thanks for putting them on my radar :thumbup:

I've gotten to see them 3 times, floor seats every time. All sets longer than an hour- I think they were 2+ hour sets. Amazing live. Miss Chester. :(

Back