Whats in your Wallet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

debt to income ratio lol... I have two mortgages and two car loans on my credit report and only 1 income and you make more than I do

My student loan repayment is probably more than half the forum member's rent/mortgage. lol student loans are the reason I don't own a house right now.

I have a narrower wallet I got at the Big E a couple of years ago because it was the narrowest one I could find. It basically is wide enough to fit a credit card, but its starting to get a little to thick. I need something that will be a little thinner because my back hurts from it occasionally.

I know a lot of people in the trades who pay in cash for everything, but getting paid in cash a lot of them like to not have it hit their accounts.

On this topic, I carry my wallet in my front left pocket... does anyone else?

I have a Cashback card. It's benefits suck compared to the interest, especially after your basement floods and you have to drop 600 to repair your furnace twice in a year. I paid off 21,000 debt over the past three years, half that was credit card debt on surprise repairs and upgrading the house.

It's just easier to pay no interest on even the smallest balance.

My credit was where yours is now when I was 23 and only had one card with a 900 dollar limit.

Yeah my first card was a capital one starter card with $500 limit when I was 20 I believe and by the time I was 27 I had 800+ credit score and about $100,000 in credit card limits. Bought a condo in 2006 at age 28 with the Ex. Racked up 25k CC debt over 3 years. She was a cunt so I dumped the bitch and kicked her out of the condo. So by 2009 and about Age 31 had about 25k CC Debt with a single income and a home owner with a $40,000 a year salary. Lost my job April 2009. Tried one of those debt TV ads things for a year where. Wasn't going fast enough. 2010ish I talked to my dad. Made an agreement, we settled on our own what we could and he took out a home equity loan for me and I paid him back up until about April of this year(yes he died in 2012 but I was paying the loan directly back to the bank).

I stopped paying on the loan when my Dad's wife sold his house per agreement. I only had about 3k left on it so another 10 months and I was done.

Obviously without my dad I would still be in a pretty shitty situation because you don't get rid of 25k CC debt in 5 years lol. Most people don't anyway.

yes, LF carry

Right front for me, but now that I have this new one, I may start going to the back right again because it's barely noticeable. And because I have two phones I use the front pockets for those and my Hotspot too.

You know what.....I think I need a man purse.

You know what.....I think I need a man purse.

I really wish there was a non-gay solution for this. On work days, I have a messenger style, laptop bag. Looks good, convenient, not too heavy. I don't even put a laptop in it. When I go to baseball games and such, I just carry a Nike shoe bag. When I was in China and Europe, I used a light laptop bag. Which worked out VERY well.

This isn't a fair picture because this one is stuffed to the max. It's a LOT thinner than this in person. I also use it for when I travel on planes. It holds my kindle, headphones, extra chargers, magazines and a snack.
B004AM624C.01.lg.jpg

I've also been considering one of these.

61P19YWW6dL._SL1001_.jpg

I'll never understand why people don't carry cash. I carry at least $20 at all times, usually $40. Obviously most people don't carry $50 or $100 around and would rather use cards for big purchases. I can think of a million reasons why I have cash.

I'll list why I have cash. nobody needs to argue my points like, "oh, I never use that" or "there are apps for sending people money". stfu lol

1. street food. Hot dog, tacos, etc. it's all over the place here in seattle
2. vending machines
3. split bar tabs. I went to hh just last night. 9 people. most bars/restaurants won't split the tab.
4. split cab fare
5. small store purchases like candy, soda, etc that don't take cards or require a minimum.
6. if someone goes to buy lunch, I don't have to give them my card. or if they text they are picking something up, I can give them cash.
7. bar hopping spending control
8. sports games and beer gardens. again, I don't want to give out my card to someone.
9. tipping, hotels, restaurants, baggage guys, cab drivers
10. bus fares (this is huge in seattle)

I have used cash for all of these within the last six months.
Agreed, I always carry $100 on me.

Since we're all swinging our big dicks showing our credit scores...

Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 9.03.31 AM.png

I have a Cashback card. It's benefits suck compared to the interest, especially after your basement floods and you have to drop 600 to repair your furnace twice in a year. I paid off 21,000 debt over the past three years, half that was credit card debt on surprise repairs and upgrading the house.

Why would you have to pay interest if the cash you didn't spend stays in the bank and pays the credit card? love my cash back. Plus it's a good way to keep a record of everything. It's VERY easy to forget where all your money went when you spend cash.

11012753_890253737713668_538233291533840106_n.jpg

11742864_890253754380333_1656002505331954421_n.jpg

Slimfold wallet, love my wallet. I keep it in my front left pocket, cell phone in front right pocket.
I also carry between $50-250 on me at all times. Cash does have its place, more so with working deals out and beating someone up on price =)

I rock a credit card holder / money clip style of wallet. Once I started wearing a suit the bulge in my back pocket or breast pocket was too big from the tri fold style.

As far as what's in the wallet:

License
CPL
Nordstrom Card
Bank Card - Personal
Bank Card - Shared
Bank Card - Savings
Credit Card
Credit Card
Costco Card
Bus Card
Insurance Card - Health
Insurance Card - Auto

Usually about $40-$150 in cash depending on the day. I used to pull out $100 every weekend, but have cut back to $50.

You buying it?

Back