which distributer on mini me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX2NR18

well today i pulled out my crappy HF motor sense i wont be driving my car for the next month anyways. So i started the buildup of my mini me, got the block assembeled with new bearings and piston rings. head is all done and all that, problem is my HF dist. wont fit in the EX head... is this common? which dist. will i have to use? i mean i dont want to rewire the car so it will have to be an HF or SI, do i have to pull the head apart to fit the distributer in there and put it all back togeher? only 1 of the 3 holes lined up, thanks for your help
TJ

you need the distributor for the head you are using

people have hacked it together just using the one hole that lines up .... i wouldnt recomend it though

did your HF have DP injection or MP injection originaly?

Ive done this before. you can only use 1 bolt correctly but if you either extend the slot closest to the front of the car or grind it down, you'll be able to get that bolt to hold it also

Use the distribtuor for the the obd you are running. Like the guy above me said you will have to grind your dist a little to get it to fit. I think when I did it I only used two bolts to hold the dist in. Make sure you check the timing.

how do i get the distributer to fit into the head, like it didnt seeem to want to goat all, is there like a lock on it that makes it snap in? or what cuz it was pissin me off lol

get a dremel or a hack saw and cut all the arms off of the HF/SI distributer just where the slot is, then take 3 large washers and the three distributer bolts and the washers will clamp down the distributer, i have to do this everytime i put a d15b vtec in a EF, it hold perfectly . As far as the distributer not fitting in the head, it fits, but the little key piece that goes in the cam is not asemetric, the two little lines are off center so if you are having a problem putting it in, turn it 180 degrees and then try abain

Back