WHICH ENGINE IS BEST CHOICE

WHICH ENGINE WILL GIVE THE BEST TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP + THE BEST GAINS ?

• dohc n/vtec ZC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D16z6

• d1

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:ph34r: :ph34r: HEY from the title you can see what I need. what is possible and what kind of daily drivability will I get if I put this much on a swap.
REALLY WHICH ENGINE WILL GIVE THE BEST TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP + THE BEST GAINS keep in mind I have a usdm d16a1 for spare parts
I currently have an 88dx 4 spd man tranny HB stock want to do an engine swap only D or ZC here are my current candidates for a swap
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :blink: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
the oddball is dead and dosent even know it

In My Opinion,the zc is the bastard child of the Honda line because there are like a hundred different configurations of them and no one seems to have a firm grip on what they all are.But they are cheap,the do make power and they are relatively easy to find and install.

i voted on the d16z6 because it is a good engine with lots of tuning possibilities and they are cheap if you are racing plan on breaking something do you want to spend 200 on a swap and then have to spend another 2000 when you break something or just spend like 500 for a complete d16z6 with tranny and then you only have to spend another 500 if you break something

Originally posted by red95solsi@Jan 29 2003, 10:29 PM
plan on breaking something do you want to spend 200 on a swap and then have to spend another 2000 when you break something

Dude,what part of a motor cost $2000?A brand new ITR tranny from Honda barely cost $2500.

let a stock ZC race a stock z6. then u will know what engine is better. ( a ZC will beat a z6 in the 1/4 by at least .3

SO which car has the eastiest parts to replace even if substitutes are used. I want to know more about the sohc d15b this motor has 3 variants but im mostly interested in the last genenration of this with the 3 stage vtec (is this motor possible to get in my car) and the HP ratings for the the d15b and the ZC dohc are only a difference of a few HP between these motors which would be best for my 88 civic thanks in avance guys
all of this will help me make my decision of what to swap

also some complete swaps (engine and labor prices )would be great

the zc get my vote also great drivebliity..only prob is the parts list is a bastard child of integra tc parts and thats not a bad thing after all my b16s the same ....damn oh yeah si tranny good at same tme. i have three and live in seattle u?

the zc get my vote also great drivebliity..only prob is the parts list is a bastard child of integra tc parts and thats not a bad thing after all my b16s the same ....damn oh yeah si tranny good at same tme. i have three and live in seattle u close and need on please....

I voted ZC, I love mine, depending on how you want to drive it, choose a decent transmission. I have the JDM L3 that was mated to the ZC, it's close-ratio, really quick off the line, but isn't that great for highway driving above 70mph. I wanted the CRX Si's transmission, but talked myself out of it at the last moment.

out of the options above i would pick the ZC, i've seen a really fast one on a rex. almost beat my boy's gsr h/b, lates!

my vote is the D16z6...hence the Screen Name..i got my d16 for 200 and that was with the tranny and i sold the tarnny alone for 150 and i got the Distributer i needed for 75 so i gues total for my d16z6 swapo was 275 then i got the si tranny which mad all the difference in the world then the PR3 then the VAFC and last the 75 shot and i can hang with the best of them..i can pull hard or my friend's supra that run's mid 12's but once were close to 140 i let off and he gets me...

Back