Why you dont put remote start on MTs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

naw, i dont think so. W/ a turbo timer, i doubt that would ever happen.

id be interested in seeing how powerful a starter really is...

envisions a wrong installation on a empty road/parking lot. put car in gear, press button, WEEEEE

i heard a story of a guy that left his car in gear with the wheel turned all the way one way and he accidently remote started it. The car ended up driving around in circles for like 5 minutes until he was able to jump in the car and shut it off.

Quoted post[/post]]
i heard a story of a guy that left his car in gear with the wheel turned all the way one way and he accidently remote started it. The car ended up driving around in circles for like 5 minutes until he was able to jump in the car and shut it off.

was it locked or something? that would be pretty cool to see.

on my car, the clutch pedal doesn't need to be depressed to start the vehicle, i actually relocated the switch.

well one time, when i was leaning forward to reach the switch (head near the steering wheel) i started the car when it was still in reverse, and managed to smack my head into the steering wheel. i quickly turned the car off.

i'm an idiot. lol.

I flat out disable them whenever I can. I just prefer that kind of control.

I wanted to give yall an update on whats going on with this car (since i just remembered i made this thread).

SAME CAR.

DCAM00794.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

Wouldnt the car have stalled and only bucked like... a foot? anyways, looking good. If i had a integra, jdm conversion would be first on my list.

the wheels still make me laugh. when it went to paint he traded rims with my buddy with the EK. So now the EK looks completely different and the DC looks like it needs some love.

My old car when I would start it up by remote when it was in gear (for fun) it would buck and stall IF the break was set. It would still make a good few feet before stalling. If the car didnt have the brake on it would start up and roll at about 5mph with out stalling.

camera phone shots. GAY.

IMAGE_00023.jpg

IMAGE_00028.jpg

And a pic of the civic with its old wheels (not the steelies)

513d1157077261-august-2006-photo-contest-win-100_0343.jpg

Back