Will this work and be legal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
Ok so I'm getting bored with the appearance of the car and have been looking on Team-Integra.net for cheap little things I can do.
This is one Painting Tail Lights - Team Integra
after.jpg

I really like it and think it will look good on my green teg but I need some opinions and questions answered. First, I know the red reverse lights won't be legal. But I'm trying to think of what I can do. I want the all red so I think I'm just going to mount some reverse lights somewhere else. I'm in between two mounting positions. I would like to mount them in the gap above the bumper. Sort of like a LED light bar on a truck. I'm just not sure if that will work. My other idea was to mount two LEDs on either side of the license plate.

So I guess I just want some opinions and whether or not my ideas are feasible and/or legal. And yea, if you have another idea I'm game to hear it.

Cashizslick said:
I say go for it, if your goal is to build a christmass tree . . . . . .
because of the red and green? the tails are nearly completely red anyway.

the person I bought my car from did that to the tail lights on the teg...they actually turned pink where he painted them. I ended up just buying 98+ ones.

TurboMirage said:
dont paint that section.
I'm painting them completely red. I'm just looking for opinions on mounting some new reverse lights. I've seen a Supra reverse light on a teg and it was sick, but I can't find any place that sells them.

He meant mask off the reverse sections and dont paint them. Then you dont have to worry about rigging up new reverse lights. My own advise would be to leave them alone. It is VERY difficult to get a good spray job on tail lights that is nice and even. I've seen people trash several pairs of tail lights attempting that mod. Might look okish during the day, but at night when they hit the brakes you can see that they have been spray painted. Looks horrible. I'd look elsewhere for mods.

i would only paint them red if you altezza taillights. don't paint the stock ones. i painted some altezzas that came on my civic. they came out nice. i used stained glass window paint and they came out nice. but yes, they do fade and you have to reapply it often. as for the reverse lights, don't worry about it. they aren't a big deal. i have seen a lot of cars without reverse lights period.

get_nick said:
i would only paint them red if you altezza taillights. don't paint the stock ones. i painted some altezzas that came on my civic. they came out nice. i used stained glass window paint and they came out nice. but yes, they do fade and you have to reapply it often. as for the reverse lights, don't worry about it. they aren't a big deal. i have seen a lot of cars without reverse lights period.
Yea I have a set of altezzas, I wouldn't try this on stockers. Worst case scenaro is I have a set of painted altezzas sitting in my garage because I didn't like them. They are already there so I'll I could lose would be the price of paint.

Does anyone know where I could buy a Supra reverse light? I searched google and couldn't find anything. If it's reasonably priced that eould be my favorite option.

eclipses have a little white circle reverse light. they look similar to the round is300 taillights, only they are white and for reverse.

Mitsubishi9599eclipseS.jpg

get_nick said:
eclipses have a little white circle reverse light. they look similar to the round is300 taillights, only they are white and for reverse.

Mitsubishi9599eclipseS.jpg
Definitely has potential. I'm still looking around for a Supra reverse light. I think that looks bad ass, but this may work too.

hahahaha, where's BDN?
tim7.jpg

preludebuddy said:
the person I bought my car from did that to the tail lights on the teg...they actually turned pink where he painted them. I ended up just buying 98+ ones.

Same thing happened to my bro with his gsr.

sLuShBoXtEgGy said:
I just threw up in my mouth......... Really, thats horrible.

it was to show slush what the supra reverse lights look like, i don't see how you could implement those into an integra without a lot of body work.

plus i thought BDN would like it. 2 birds with one stone kind of thing.

get_nick said:
it was to show slush what the supra reverse lights look like, i don't see how you could implement those into an integra without a lot of body work.

plus i thought BDN would like it. 2 birds with one stone kind of thing.
I want the Supra reverse light, Not the tail lights. The reverse light is like a 6" by 1" white oval.
5.%20CJB%20Supra%20rear%20quarter.JPG

You see it now?

Back