will wire work on new swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

hey i just order my new motor for 93 civic ex, b16a sirII, and i was wondering if my msd wires will work from my d16 motor. i bought brand new msd wire ($80) right before the crank pulley bolt broke. if anyone know i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

not sure on the fit but I can tell you the oem wires will give the most power,there have been numerous threads here and on honda tech,some with dynos and all.OEM's are the way to go.

that is why i asked^ lol, i have OEM wires on my old D16z6, and the b16 wires could go for some new wires, im just trying to save the trip to the dealer, and the money.

Originally posted by VTECin5th@May 14 2005, 08:17 AM
that is why i asked^ lol, i have OEM wires on my old D16z6, and the b16 wires could go for some new wires, im just trying to save the trip to the dealer, and the money.
[post=499097]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, if you have both, go swap em and find out for this guy.

But I am inclinded to say no, they will not fit. Reason being that there isn't much room for stretching them out, and the B series is bigger. Also, I don't know it the post on the distributor on the B series is bigger or not, they might not be, but they could.

the D is at my friend's house, and i didn't feel like driving a whole mile to go get the wires to find out they dont work.
ohWell, maybe ill grab em tomorrow and give it a try.

Back