Wiring Harness Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Your best bet, in my opinion, is to treat it as if it's an 88-91. Follow the directions that Scott posted earlier for doing a MPFI conversion. The pins are the same on the ECU. Wire up the motor with your wiring harness that's already in the car, convert it to MPFI, and buy an obd0-obd1 jumper to use your P72.

That's going to be the easiest and smartest thing to do.

ok so if i use the harness already on the civic now (the D15 harness) it would be the case of wiring in the injectors and vtec ect.... yea... but wot im wondering is will the actually plugs on the b18 engine, match up to the plugs on the cars harness? i mean will they plug in?

hmm.... so basicly all i'd have to do it the mini swap wiring (injectors ect..) then do the wiring for the vtec.. knock... IAB wires ect.. ?

That does appear to be what you would need on the inside. Looks like it has all t eh extra wires added so if it's done right, should work.

Originally posted by APEXi@Jun 12 2005, 01:46 PM
cool jus need to get hold of a OBD1 Distributor then
[post=511342]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? If you are using your GSR harness, you don't need to use an OBD I distributor, as a matter of fact, it won't plug into the OBD II harness.

i thought the best thing to do would be to use the harness on the civic already :unsure:

Ok, in the engine bay...

Either way you're going to have to do the DPFI to MPFI conversion. If you use the Civics harness your going to have to swap the plugs and repin a bunch of stuff to use it on the OBD II Integra motor, as the plugs are different.

Most people use the Integra harness because even though it has the OBD II engine plugs, the shock tower plugs are the same as the OBD I Civics, so the easiest way to install an OBD II Integra motor, is to use it's harness.

So here's the basic breakdown...

Use the Integra engine bay harness, do the DPFI to MPFI as you normally would for a pre 92, and use the OBD 0 -> OBD I ECU harness to run the OBD I P72. All things being equal, this should yeild a fairly straight forward swap.

this is the b18 harness

000_0920.jpg

its all i got, that means im gonna have to rip the dash ect out doin it?

No, you are only going ot use the engine part of the GSR harness, plug that into the existing CIvic shock tower plugs, and then use the OBD 0->OBD I conversion harness at the ECU. Everything under the dash will remain the same.

so am i going to have to cut this harness up then? i dont really kno wot u mean, the harness is 1 big thing...

hang on i think i get wot u mean now... u dont mean the harness in the pic at all u mean these plugs that r on the engine already?

000_1009.jpg

000_1010.jpg

i think i get wot u mean now :)

if im rite about wot im saying.... on the car at the moment there is only 2 plugs on each strut... the b18 has 3 plugs on each strut... wot the the 2 other plugs for? vtec ect..?

...... and would i get the plugs to use off the big harness i got with the B18 by cutting em off? and pluggin them into the 2 exra plugs (1 on each strut) then would the wires off that run to the ecu?

u kno wot i mean?

No, you use the one that's on the GSR, that the harness you have, and are going to use, can plug into.

Back